Menu Scripting

Hi I wanted to create a custom menu for JKJA MP which I would like to look like that:

Choose your faction:
                                                             Old Republic / the sith empire / separatists/ rebellion bla bla bla (when you select one it gets you to another menu with models proper to certain faction for example when you choose separatists it gives grievous

dooku droids etc... and now for my problem: I wanted to make the next menu: when you click on characters image for example grievouses it will get you to another menu with his skins for example with cape or without it / click on battledroid picture and it gets you to kinda battledroid customization where you can choose blue red yellow and there is my problem: I could use textures to do main model menu to get to skin menu but I cant use them when choosing skin cuz it has to be actual skins otherwise the player wont use them. So I just dont know how to make a menu like moviebattles 2 has: when you choose hero it only shows hero class skins, when you choose jedi it shows only jedi skins. Thats what I'm trying to do but they use some ''getmodelcvars''  and "getmodelskin" scripts . Is this possible to make it without scripting? Or if not can someone point me to proper tutorials? I dont want to learn whole scripting I just need that one thing. Sorry for chaos in my post.

The best thing to do is to download Moviebattles and pull out their menus to figure them out. As far as I know menu coding was part of the original .exe file, so I don't think they're doing anything that the stock game can't do. I'd also look for Eezstreet's JA language plugin for Notepad++ (in the files section). It's awesome and tons easier to read with everything color coded and sections collapsible.

yep I already have done that . But still cant figure it out from mb2 files. For example for hero class I found these 2 important lines

uiscript uiclass 3
show headlist
which actually lead me to nowhere, I know nothing of scripting including how to open these .IBI files. So every class has a diffrent ''uiscript uiclass''. It's uiclass 0 for rebel soldier for example and 1 for rebel commander so I guess that's the key.

Well, another option would be to have different menus for each faction. It's a bit more cumbersome, but it could work. For example, clicking Jedi would take you to characterJedi.menu. There you can associate an icon with a .cfg file to change the model. For example, you click on the Obi-Wan icon, and it executes obiwan.cfg, which sets the model and the head/torso/leg values.

****OR****

Do something like this: https://jkhub.org/files/file/585-sp-character-chooser/. I mean to mention this before, but I couldn't remember what it was called. It's called "SP Character Chooser" and it does almost exactly what you want. You have to manually add each new character, but it totally works as a base for what you want to do. All the necessary stuff is there. And the original author only asks that you credit him.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, First of all thanks for Your help, menu looks promising now but I wanted to ask one more thing: 

https://jkhub.org/albums/NmXm8

On the third picture You can see Bastila Shan menu for example. My goal is to make such menu for every character. You know you click on character icon and it gets you to such menu. The problem is that I cant find way to make the menu just for ONE character. This menu uses some feeder things which I believe is hard coded somwehere. So is it even possible to make this customization menu working for one model alone? If it is what is the command of setting a ghoul model to this view window... Because it starts off with twileks .. humans etc.. 

@@Teancum

Probably the easiest way to do it is on your menu like the second screen update the character model and skins (see the bottom of the species menu in the main game). Then move them to a "custom" species menu for that one character, but remove the option to change the species.

Hey, First of all thanks for Your help, menu looks promising now but I wanted to ask one more thing: 

https://jkhub.org/albums/NmXm8

On the third picture You can see Bastila Shan menu for example. My goal is to make such menu for every character. You know you click on character icon and it gets you to such menu. The problem is that I cant find way to make the menu just for ONE character. This menu uses some feeder things which I believe is hard coded somwehere. So is it even possible to make this customization menu working for one model alone? If it is what is the command of setting a ghoul model to this view window... Because it starts off with twileks .. humans etc.. 

@@Teancum

It does indeed feed in from the current player model set by the player, so as far as that goes I'm not really sure how to display a character that isn't currently the player model from jaconfig.cfg. Basically in your second pic you'll need to have a .cfg file for each character icon. So if you click on Bastila you'll have a line that says "exec bastila.cfg" which will set the player model and skins. Then you jump to one species menu without the species button and you're done. But yeah, you'll need a config file for every single character you add. The good news is you only need one "species" menu.