Looking for a Custom Mission Creator (Willing to pay a small fee)..

*Assistance required* (Sounds)

If there's anyone out there that has experience with working with sounds and sound files, we're currently looking for anyone who'd be willing to step in and do some sound work for the mod. As the mod is well under-way now and we're edging closer to completion, with the exception of some things that need to be addressed and finalised. As @@Cerez has recently stated, there is some sound work to be done, in regards to the bartender scene.. It's been mentioned that this could be done with some various sound bytes taken from Jedi Outcast. So if anyone's happy enough to look into this, then by all means.. We'd welcome your input and any extra ideas and suggestions you might have.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Ok, @@Asgarath83 & @@Cerez.. After a recent discussion with NumberWan, some new information has come to light and a fresh idea on the cards. As far as using Psyk0Sith's Jedi Hunter Droid as a replacement for the Assassin Droids that are already on the base game level, I thought about the idea of instead, using these to replace the Assassin Droids in Vader's Palace on Vjun, which would be more logical and more unusual. He was a veteran from the Clone Wars, after all. And secondly, the Vjun castle is old, so the droids might've been kept there for years.
As for Coruscant, I was kind of thinking of preserving the Assassin Droids that are already there and their look/means of use. etc. Clumsy and freaky in design, just the kind that bounty hunters would utilise. As the production is illegal, Racto might have used old junk and metal piles to create them on Nar Shaddaa, so that could also be the reason they look ugly, too.

I spoke with him about adding pedestrians to Coruscant (which I believe has already been done by Asgarath. If not, then should be easy enough to implement in) and perhaps add alternative Assassin Droids side-by-side with the original ones. Did you know, there was a model of the Assassin Droid, but re-purposed to be able to use standard animation and a lightsaber? That's what I've been told, anyway.

Anyhow, lemme know your thoughts and what you think..

For me is okay, but the inique way for replace the Vjun droid is to replace the NPC file of assassin_droid for use the jedi hunter saber droid model with one \ dual sabers as weapons.

for t2_rogue, you need to make a new custom NPC with old assassin_droid.npc data pasted itself and use NPC_spawner entity and NPèC_Type key and "assassin_droid_old" as value for spawn the old assassin droid. you can also add a lot of customize NPC assassin droid , or use SET_WEAPON and SET_ALTFIRE , true into the droid spawnscript for change they default blaster rifle weapon.

Darth Sion likes this

Any progress on this is welcome progress for me. Just keep me in the loop (so when I get around to working on this, we're not doing useless double-work).

Will do.. I'm currently working on trying to compile "SFX Sabers" effect into MD2 (Movie Duels II), at the mo and need to speak with redsaurus about it. Once that's done, hopefully.. I'm gonna have a word with Circa about the Sith Eyes for Jaden, for his Dark Side turn (after killing Rosh and Alora). Then I can hopefully get back into the Coruscant map mod and we can get it finalised and finished off (incl. the Assassin Droids changes)

@@NumberWan is also doing a Coruscant map mod, as he feels exactly the same about the level/mission, as we do. So it'll also be interesting to see what his end product will be.

Cerez likes this

@@NumberWan is also doing a Coruscant map mod, as he feels exactly the same about the level/mission, as we do. So it'll also be interesting to see what his end product will be.

In that case we should join efforts. There's no sense in doing this project twice (unless there are considerable structural/design differences).

In that case we should join efforts. There's no sense in doing this project twice (unless there are considerable structural/design differences).

That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.. How would you feel about that, @@NumberWan? You'd probably have to give us the low-down and info on what your plan is and what you've done, thus far..

Having said that, @@Cerez.. I do believe, from the message that NumberWan sent me, recently.. He said this;

Our Coruscant is a different thing in DP – it includes a few mini-hubs and a large city-area, but it is changed a bit, as the fight is taking place, both in air, and on ground.
And included this screenshot;
R3YpaXzuERA.jpg
Cerez likes this

The picture above is more of a Coruscant to be seen in the background, while the level itself is a very separate thing – various platforms and buildings will recognizable holograms. That's how I see it for JA, and it's how I made it for DP as well.

I've looked through Coruscant in JA, the original map as a *.map file. Actually I like the layout, it will be more of a task to replace the buildings, update some structures which aren't very bad (e.g. the building in the middle is actually the one taken from Attack of the Clones). And making additional areas, where the Player would spend more time exploring the city and fighting off the enemies.

Darth Sion and Cerez like this

Ok, so @@Asgarath83 and @@Cerez.. I'm looking into the soundtrack/BGM for our mod and wondering if a different tone would work better with the map/mission than what is used in the game, currently? The base game version uses this as its main "exploration" soundtrack;

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wTOJmXCSEV
(which is known as "narshaada_explore")

Now, I've been listening to a few different BGM's from the game's assets and was possibly thinking of something more along the lines of this;

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1am3Rpm8jVo
(which is known as "impbasee_explore" and is taken from the "vjun2" folder in the assets)

However, I've also listened to the BGM that James has included in the assets of the map, already and this is the BGM that is used;

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1FK4Xa8bG19
(which is known as "cor1" in the assets)

Personally, that one does sound pretty good, but just wondered if a different take on the BGM would be more accurate to the map/mission, in general. Of course, this isn't forgetting the fact that to give the map/mission more immersion and ambience, we'll be using one of these to give Coruscant that unique "city planet" feel;

Star Wars Ambience - Coruscant Apartment Background (White Noise, ASMR, Relaxation) One Hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE5erINBHsE

Star Wars - Coruscant Traffic Background Ambience

Do either of you have any ideas or suggestions for BGM? Wanting to try and keep in line with what was used and done in the Prequels, if possible. @@Cerez, I don't think we need anyone with music editing experience for this, if we're just sticking with BGM's from the game base assets, as it'll be a simple swap. But do we need someone who can add the music and ambience to the map/mission, to bring it to life or is that something you're comfortable with doing yourself? 'Cos if we need someone I can ask around, unless of course you know of anyone, already. Maybe "therfiles"?
Smoo likes this

I will have a look at editing and scripting in the ambience sounds when the time comes. I've found a new, powerful (and open source) editor that lets me edit audio and video material easily, and I'm in the process of learning it at the moment.

P.S. I like "cor1" -- sounds fitting as a background track. ^_^

Darth Sion likes this

I will have a look at editing and scripting in the ambience sounds when the time comes. I've found a new, powerful (and open source) editor that lets me edit audio and video material easily, and I'm in the process of learning it at the moment.

Awesome! Anything that will help with progression is always a bonus. Hopefully, it's not too hard for you to pick up and can get to grips with it, pretty quickly.

Yeah, I agree. The "cor1" does have a certain "crimelord underworld" element to it that I think fits pretty well, for this mission. @JCulley3D actually did a really good job in putting things like that together, for the map and obviously makes our job a whole lot easier, than having to sift around through different BGM's to get something that fits with the tone.

I'm not sure what cor1 sounds like because unfortunately I can't blast star wars music in the middle of class, but its probably worth looking at the Battlefront audio tracks, as there's a ton. Same for the ambience. 

I'm not sure what cor1 sounds like because unfortunately I can't blast star wars music in the middle of class, but its probably worth looking at the Battlefront audio tracks, as there's a ton. Same for the ambience. 

Well, if you know how or want to extract files from the PC version of Battlefront, then go right ahead. I can't do it, 'cos my version of Battlefront is on PS4.

• 2 weeks later...

**Assistance Needed**
The mod is progressing steadily, but we are in need of someone who's familiar or has experience with "scene making". We're currently looking to add a cut-scene to the map/mod, that involves a "light interrogation" conversation between Jaden and the bartender located in either one of the 2 bar areas (image/s below);

(@@Cerez, what did we say or do we think is the best place for the bartender conversation to take place in, between the two bar areas?)

Upper Coruscant Bar area
2v0kb3q.jpg

or

Lower Coruscant Bar area (After some level progression/exploration which brings you to this bar area)
1z515j7.jpg

If anyone could possibly help out with the production of this, it would be greatly appreciated and your name would also be included in the credits of the mod, if you wish to be included. This is open to anyone willing to help out..
(@@therfiles or @@Mert-K, is this something that either one of you could maybe lend a hand with?)

It's still undecided yet, as to whether the bartender conversation will simply be a peaceful conversation or whether it will involve some "firm intimidation" (by Jaden igniting his lightsaber). Currently, I was thinking that if the "Upper Bar area" is the one used, then a more peaceful interrogation would take place, as there would be more civil citizens in that particular area (no lightsaber ignition, just simple questioning), whereas the "Lower Bar area", would maybe require some firm intimidation, as it's more likely that there'll be thugs, scum and the Coruscant underworld, in that area. Although, it may even be an idea to use both bar areas, instead of just one. Again, this is open to suggestion and would welcome any feedback from the community.

Smoo and GPChannel like this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've not heard from @@Cerez for some time, so I'm not entirely sure what the situation is with her. However, currently we only have myself and her working on the project, as @@Asgarath83 laid down the ground work for the mod, by doing all the placement marks and such, to replicate the "t2_rogue" mission on the map. So, basically, we'd need to get our version finished.. So that it basically just replaces the base game Coruscant with this mod (Of course, you could use it for yours, too and make any further adjustments on your own mod, to fit it in with your Force Awakens Conversion mod). The actual map we are using is this one;

https://jkhub.org/files/file/162-sjc-coruscant-adventures-pack-night-and-day/

If you wanna give it a download and have a look at it. You just need to change the name of the "2010_16.bsp" or "2010_16a.bsp" file in the .pk3, for the mod to "t2_rogue.bsp" and load up the level through the in-game console (I'm sure you know how to do that.. It's "map t2_rogue", if you don't). There's a Day and Dusk version in the .pk3, although I forget which version is which. But I've also done a brand NEW skybox (taken from the Day time version) and turned it into night-time, so it's done in the same way as the base game version, at night. So don't worry about the skybox for that. But it's worth having a look at the map layout and such, yourself and seeing what you think.

But again, I'm not entirely sure what the current situation is with the mod, until @@Cerez gets back to me, on it. Whether in a message or through this topic thread. But the last I heard from her, she was looking at creating the bar scene that we've discussed here, through-out this thread. It's also worth having a read through and seeing what you make of it all. Baring in mind, our version is to replace the main, base game version but also add in our own ideas and such, to improve the overall quality and authenticity of the mission. But if you read through this thread, you'll find out exactly how we're trying to implement the mission and the ways we're changing it. But yes, having an extra person on-board to help and speed things up will be a big thing in helping us get the mod out and released sooner  :winkthumb:.

I have some idea 4 this level :)

To tell the truth i always hated,that the most iconic character is not in the game....Han Solo.
Maybe he should apear in the map as a team mate at the end of the level. you know maybe the human merc soldiers captured him or something like that :)
I don't know it is your choise,but if you like it please tell me,cause then i will create a HD skin for the han solo model ^^