[Idea] A tool that makes player models compatible with SP

Maybe it sounds like a ridiculous idea, but I thought it might come in handy if it can be done.

One of the most requested things here is to make certain player models compatible with SP. Some requests are still unfulfilled, for various reasons.

So here's my (ridiculous) idea: An easy-to-use tool, in the style of NPC Tool, that makes player models compatible with SP.

It shouldn't be a pretty complicated tool, just something you can insert your desired model and it generates the necessary files. It would make the process

to create SP characters a lot easier.

Darth Sion likes this

I'd support the idea, but making something compatible with the single player customisation menu is actually really, really straight forward. I'd encourage everyone to learn for themselves instead. ^.^

https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/34-how-to-make-a-singleplayer-species-with-variants/

If it's so straightforward...a tool ought to be easy to make.  However...I'm a little concerned with how a tool would work when it comes to converting the actual organization of head, torso, legs etc. into appropriate jpg sources.  This seems complicated and a lot of effort if the skin wasn't already arranged that way (eg: the base jawa skin is not).

Darth Sion likes this

JKG Developer