Having issues decompiling ffa maps from .bsp to .map

Wahya

I have gone through the tutorial located here:

https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/98-getting-started-with-mapping/

I have installed GtkRadiant 1.4 as well as the SDK, i already had pakscape and the 1.01 version of jka I also created a .bat file containing:

q3map2.exe -game ja -convert -format map mapname.bsp

I would drag and drop the ffa3.bsp after changing mapname.bsp to ffa3.bsp and it will not decompile. It happens too fast for me to see what the error(s) say

Any help would be appreciated.

I have gone through the tutorial located here:

https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/98-getting-started-with-mapping/

I have installed GtkRadiant 1.4 as well as the SDK, i already had pakscape and the 1.01 version of jka I also created a .bat file containing:

q3map2.exe -game ja -convert -format map mapname.bsp

I would drag and drop the ffa3.bsp after changing mapname.bsp to ffa3.bsp and it will not decompile. It happens too fast for me to see what the error(s) say

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to put into q3map 2 folder

if you want to edit a map is better that you use entmodding.

is not a good idea to decompile a map:

1: it's an intelletual work of someone, if you edit, it's only for you personal own, without permission of original author you cannot share the map or host in this site.

2:  you will lose ALL light entities, all UVMAP coordinates of the textures, and you can get also some sctructural Leaks of the walls.

Misc_model with physic spawnflag enabled also can get you a lot of trouble, because the decompiled map will be full of structural brushes of this entities.

the only ent modding im familiar with is on lugor. Ill do some research on how to entmod, Will I be able to remap textures and other things with entmodding?

Sorry for late, but without like or quote i cannot see your notification.

However Nope. you can add info player, waypoint, spawnpoint to a bsp with an external *.ent file you need open jk engine i think for allow to entmodding to work. basically you can create your little sp level battle using already done BSP adding item, spawn point for enemies. 

but you cannot add brushes, triggers, edit the geometry or adding func_usable. : \