SET_DMG_BY_HEAVY_WEAP_ONLY - does it work in Jk3?

Ok i want to make 4 towers that are func_breakable . I want to make them indestructible BUT breakable after killing one enemy. But i want to switch it back when one tower will be destroyed.
I wanted to use the SET_DMG_BY_HEAVY_WEAP_ONLY function but it doesnt work :/

My script:

affect ( "shield_down1", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
    set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DMG_BY_HEAVY_WEAP_ONLY", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
}

affect ( "shield_down2", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
}

affect ( "shield_down3", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
}

affect ( "shield_down4", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
}

When one of them is destroyed it is removed from the game. So if one of them that would be destroy is affected it wont work on the destroyed one but on the other towers... But it doesnt work :/

Ok i want to make 4 towers that are func_breakable . I want to make them indestructible BUT breakable after killing one enemy. But i want to switch it back when one tower will be destroyed.

I wanted to use the SET_DMG_BY_HEAVY_WEAP_ONLY function but it doesnt work :/

My script:

When one of them is destroyed it is removed from the game. So if one of them that would be destroy is affected it wont work on the destroyed one but on the other towers... But it doesnt work :/

mmm...  you wanna make a fight when the towers are destroyabled ONLY when an enemy is killed, and into the timelapse before the next enemy come, if i understood.

this is not the way, man.

what you need to make is to clip the func_breakables with some brushes textures with physic clips. you turn these brush into func_usable.

when the enemy is defeeated, you run a deathscript that set the tower destroyable... simply because the func_usable disappering. XD

the deathscript work in this way:

use (breakingtower)

wait 10000

use (breakingtower)

use ( BOSSX)

where BOSSX maybe should be the NPC_spawner that spawn the boss :) i think you can set a wait value on NPC_spawner and set a NPC_spawner to -1 for spawn unlimlimitated bosses.

when the fourth tower is destroyed, you run a script that remove the NPC_spawner and change the boss deathscript.

and so when you slam for the last time the boss, you end the battle.

Langerd likes this

mmm...  you wanna make a fight when the towers are destroyabled ONLY when an enemy is killed, and into the timelapse before the next enemy come, if i understood.

this is not the way, man.

what you need to make is to clip the func_breakables with some brushes textures with physic clips. you turn these brush into func_usable.

when the enemy is defeeated, you run a deathscript that set the tower destroyable... simply because the func_usable disappering. XD

the deathscript work in this way:

use (breakingtower)

wait 10000

use (breakingtower)

use ( BOSSX)

where BOSSX maybe should be the NPC_spawner that spawn the boss :) i think you can set a wait value on NPC_spawner and set a NPC_spawner to -1 for spawn unlimlimitated bosses.

when the fourth tower is destroyed, you run a script that remove the NPC_spawner and change the boss deathscript.

and so when you slam for the last time the boss, you end the battle.

This method doesnt work well because.. I found out in many places that alt attack of Demp2 weapon can damage behind the walls. I find that also with Jk2 when we had to mind trick the imperial officer. I killed him using demp2.

That is why i wanted to make it 100% sure that it couldnt be destroyed. In Jk2 (again) in the artus_topside mission we had to destroy Ion cannons. The only way to do this was to turn off the shields.

Everything with bosses works . I have only problem with these towers. I was thinking about func_usable showing up but i wanted to make it in more serious way :(

Edit: Also i checked the original scripts of the Jk2. SET_DMG_BY_HEAVY_WEAP_ONLY was used for Ion Cannons

Edited by Langerd

I'm no expert so this is only a guess but ALL breakable objects in the game environment like walls can be given a custom amount of health so I would think it would work, the siege maps have a number of examples of varying health values and I've seen it on a number of MP maps.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

Solution: @@Langerd

health: a func_breakable entity can give the health amount you desire, if you simply put

key: health

value: 1000

for example, into the func_breakable entity on the map. no  script is needed. that give 1000 health point to a tower.

for avoid silly destruction, you can use the Spawnflags of func_breakables. there is "saberonly" if i remember, that allow ONLY the sabers to damaged the towers.

so you can make a fight when when boss dead, during the time before the spawn of the second boss you turn off the shield of the towers and player can reach the towers and damage it with his blades.

OR...

the spawnflag Heavy_weapons this allow to the towers to be damaged ONLY by heavy weapons, like turrets, concussion, greaneds and rocket launchers. so, when the clips turn off, you can shoot a tower with the concussion or rocket missile of Morin.

SET_HEALTH i ever used these for setting custom health values on NPC with spawnscripts... i am not sure if can work on func_breakable entitty. you need to target the entities to icarus with targetname and script_targetname i think.

Langerd likes this

Solution: @@Langerd

health: a func_breakable entity can give the health amount you desire, if you simply put

key: health

value: 1000

for example, into the func_breakable entity on the map. no  script is needed. that give 1000 health point to a tower.

for avoid silly destruction, you can use the Spawnflags of func_breakables. there is "saberonly" if i remember, that allow ONLY the sabers to damaged the towers.

so you can make a fight when when boss dead, during the time before the spawn of the second boss you turn off the shield of the towers and player can reach the towers and damage it with his blades.

OR...

the spawnflag Heavy_weapons this allow to the towers to be damaged ONLY by heavy weapons, like turrets, concussion, greaneds and rocket launchers. so, when the clips turn off, you can shoot a tower with the concussion or rocket missile of Morin.

SET_HEALTH i ever used these for setting custom health values on NPC with spawnscripts... i am not sure if can work on func_breakable entitty. you need to target the entities to icarus with targetname and script_targetname i think.

Well i made the func_useable phisys_clip textured cilinders that cover the towers. When enemy goes on the middle of the arena to recharge the towers are breakable.

The problem with Heavy_weapons is that.. the only emplaced gun, tie fighter and atst_main and side can destroy it. Rockets and Concussion doesnt work on them. 

The Demp2 problem will be solved by me with just simple solution - This is my sp mission so i wont let player get that weapon before this fight. ;)

Well i made the func_useable phisys_clip textured cilinders that cover the towers. When enemy goes on the middle of the arena to recharge the towers are breakable.

The problem with Heavy_weapons is that.. the only emplaced gun, tie fighter and atst_main and side can destroy it. Rockets and Concussion doesnt work on them. 

The Demp2 problem will be solved by me with just simple solution - This is my sp mission so i wont let player get that weapon before this fight. ;)

at this point the solution should be to use the spawnflag saberonly, but it's a fantasy mod and a metal sword cannot destroy the rocks. XD

so, yes, the unique way is to not use the demp2. also in default game, i see demp2 weapon, if player not to carry with him, is available only in a secret area of dosunn facility. and the unique mission when demp2 is really useful in original JKA was t2_rogue. against assassin droids.

mmm... and if morin drag some new kind of sword found inside the level that contain the power of air? (a sword with a huge knockback amount, it's easy to do on SAB file.) , so the air sword can break the rock towers. :)

Langerd likes this

at this point the solution should be to use the spawnflag saberonly, but it's a fantasy mod and a metal sword cannot destroy the rocks. XD

so, yes, the unique way is to not use the demp2. also in default game, i see demp2 weapon, if player not to carry with him, is available only in a secret area of dosunn facility. and the unique mission when demp2 is really useful in original JKA was t2_rogue. against assassin droids.

mmm... and if morin drag some new kind of sword found inside the level that contain the power of air? (a sword with a huge knockback amount, it's easy to do on SAB file.) , so the air sword can break the rock towers. :)

O_O .. or how abou crystal sword? ... You have so many awesome ideas Man! :D