OpenJK Issue

kennedy

Hi all, used to play JA years ago and only just come back to it. Have followed all the guides to install openJK and JA++ to the letter but still having some issues. Probably a simple fix wondering if you could help me out. When trying to run openjk i get the error message "openjk.x86_64 cannot be opened because of a problem." and asks me to check if i have the latest update of both this file and os x, which i do. Any help would be great cheers guys!

Does OpenJK run by itself? (i.e. with +set fs_game "OpenJK")

I can't help with Mac issues at the moment, my charger is broken.

Im not sure what you mean, sorry if this is basic.

Have you installed SDL2?

Yes i have and have put it in the frameworks folder as per the instructions

Quick update, reinstalled JA from the start and tried just installing JA++ and running it using a .bat file (+set fs_game "japlus") but even that didn't work. I then tried it with just the basic openjk.x86.exe . So maybe i am doing something wrong in creating this file. Sorry i am new too all this

Quick update, reinstalled JA from the start and tried just installing JA++ and running it using a .bat file (+set fs_game "japlus") but even that didn't work. I then tried it with just the basic openjk.x86.exe . So maybe i am doing something wrong in creating this file. Sorry i am new too all this

Wait... You're trying to use bat files and .exe files from windows versions?????  That's not going to work on Mac.

Link to the instructions you're using please?  http://builds.openjk.org/openjk-2015-11-30-c8c64c4b-osx.dmg

Are you a new Mac user? You can't run Windows executables (EXE, BAT) and libraries (DLL) on a Mac. You need the app bundle (APP) @@ensiform has linked you to above.

1. Double-click the disk image (DMG) to mount it.

2. Open up your Jedi Academy app bundle by right-clicking on it and selecting "Show Package Contents", and navigate inside it until you can see the "base" folder.

3. Copy the OpenJK app bundle (from the mounted disk image) there with the other app bundles, just above "base".

4. Run OpenJK by double-clicking the OpenJK app bundle. You can drag it to your Dock for easy access.

And I trust that you've installed the Mac version of SDL2 into the ~/Library/Frameworks/ folder (the one that's a folder/bundle with the ".framework" extension).

Are you a new Mac user? You can't run Windows executables (EXE, BAT) and libraries (DLL) on a Mac. You need the app bundle (APP) @@ensiform has linked you to above.

1. Double-click the disk image (DMG) to mount it.

2. Open up your Jedi Academy app bundle by right-clicking on it and selecting "Show Package Contents", and navigate inside it until you can see the "base" folder.

3. Copy the OpenJK app bundle (from the mounted disk image) there with the other app bundles, just above "base".

4. Run OpenJK by double-clicking the OpenJK app bundle. You can drag it to your Dock for easy access.

And I trust that you've installed the Mac version of SDL2 into the ~/Library/Frameworks/ folder (the one that's a folder/bundle with the ".framework" extension).

I have followed that word for word however it still doesn't open. I get the same error message openjk.x86_64 cannot be opened because of a problem