More than one 'saberon' sound?

Hi

In sound>weapons>saber as you will be aware, there is a file named 'saberon.mp3'.

Adding a new sound file under the name 'saberon2.mp3' seems to have no effect despite other sounds having more than one file - e.g. 'saberhum1.wav' 'saberhum2.wav' 'saberhum3' etc. etc.

My question is, is there a possibility to add more than one sound for the 'saberon' effect, perhaps randomized? Has anyone else thought of this before?

Thanks.

Possible with a code modification.

Need little code edit on wp_saber.cpp and cg_weapons.cpp and some other fixes.

How would one go about doing this? I'm new to modding but have a growing interest in it and am able to basic mod (sound editing etc.).

Anyone kind enough to look in to this and provide a step by step guide?

If achieved, it could then then be possible to also add more multiple sound options for other specific actions (not merely 'saberon.mp3').

Thanks for your replies by the way.

How would one go about doing this? I'm new to modding but have a growing interest in it and am able to basic mod (sound editing etc.).

Anyone kind enough to look in to this and provide a step by step guide?

If achieved, it could then then be possible to also add more multiple sound options for other specific actions (not merely 'saberon.mp3').

Thanks for your replies by the way.

As i had already told to some other... you need

- audacity for sound editing.

- cmake and microsoft visual studio 2012 or superior for code editing.

- download openjk source code of JKA

- follow eeztreet's tutorials about configuration of Openjk, making a solution and basic code stuff teachings. (you can found into tutorial \ code section)

open the solution of OPENJK done with cmake with visual studio.

- open the files you need to edit.

- edit the files. (that's NEED coding skill and almost a basic knowledge of C+ \ C++ )

- build the .dll and the exe of the new code engine.

the code of SP and MP is different, SP code is in code folder, MP in codemp.

you need to register the new sounds in cg_weapons.cpp and you need to locate in wp_saber.cpp for single player the functions that play the saberon and saberoff sounds when player activate the saber and turn off and edit these variables.

is not much difficult, but you need to know exactly what are you doing.

Imrightyourleft likes this

As i had already told to some other... you need

- audacity for sound editing.

- cmake and microsoft visual studio 2012 or superior for code editing.

- download openjk source code of JKA

- follow eeztreet's tutorials about configuration of Openjk, making a solution and basic code stuff teachings. (you can found into tutorial \ code section)

open the solution of OPENJK done with cmake with visual studio.

- open the files you need to edit.

- edit the files. (that's NEED coding skill and almost a basic knowledge of C+ \ C++ )

- build the .dll and the exe of the new code engine.

the code of SP and MP is different, SP code is in code folder, MP in codemp.

you need to register the new sounds in cg_weapons.cpp and you need to locate in wp_saber.cpp for single player the functions that play the saberon and saberoff sounds when player activate the saber and turn off and edit these variables.

is not much difficult, but you need to know exactly what are you doing.

Personally i never did this on sounds. but know i learn how to add new saber colors for ECM III . add new sounds should be pretty similar. to this. however you need to use the brain, before of everything and logical mind.

the answer for every "i want to" is in the code itself. you need to think to others parts of game engine that make what you desire to want in a function.

example: in that case, for making saberon with multiple sound, simply check how works code of saberswings sounds.

you need just to register the new sounds and add a q_irand variable function like saberswing sound q_irand variable into the code that execute the function of saberon.

Dive the code, man. 2 years ago i not know NOTHING of c++. now i am not a programmer, but almost some basic things on the code i can do. for unlucky i never wrote tutorial about sabercolor or sabersounds. (because simply i not worked on that, i wroted tutorial on weapons and force power because my mod basically change these engine expects and i want to share with peoples this code.) mmmm i think after i make sabercolor is time i do that.

Personally i never did this on sounds. but know i learn how to add new saber colors for ECM III . add new sounds should be pretty similar. to this. however you need to use the brain, before of everything and logical mind.

the answer for every "i want to" is in the code itself. you need to think to others parts of game engine that make what you desire to want in a function.

example: in that case, for making saberon with multiple sound, simply check how works code of saberswings sounds.

you need just to register the new sounds and add a q_irand variable function like saberswing sound q_irand variable into the code that execute the function of saberon.

Dive the code, man. 2 years ago i not know NOTHING of c++. now i am not a programmer, but almost some basic things on the code i can do. for unlucky i never wrote tutorial about sabercolor or sabersounds. (because simply i not worked on that, i wroted tutorial on weapons and force power because my mod basically change these engine expects and i want to share with peoples this code.) mmmm i think after i make sabercolor is time i do that.

Wow, thank you for sharing all of the that useful information.

Right now, I'm like you used to be, just getting started on coding etc. so I'm going to need more practice and knowledge regarding this before I can consider serious modding on the scale that I desire. But what you shared gave me a valuable insight.

Thanks again.

Wow, thank you for sharing all of the that useful information.

Right now, I'm like you used to be, just getting started on coding etc. so I'm going to need more practice and knowledge regarding this before I can consider serious modding on the scale that I desire. But what you shared gave me a valuable insight.

Thanks again.

Check my SP weapon anf force power tutorial and @@eezstreet MP weapon and force power tutorial and also his tutorial about the beginning, regarding build your first solution, using cmake and understand C++ and JA code. :) if you are stuck, pm me (i know more better the Single player code respect at MP because i am focused on SP modding) or go into #Jacoders channels :)  good luck. ^_^