making npc files?

downloaded a few mods, troopers, jedi etc, but they are skins, only model, shaders etc within the .pk3, does anyone know how to make an npc file so i can spawn the model in game? never been good at this sort of thing, i know how to edit an npc files, but never knew how to make the skin into an npc, thanks in advance.

for skins the command is

CustomSkin

Example

Playermodel Alora

CustomSkin blue -> The model is textured with the file models/players/alora/model_blue.skin if you put as value "yellow" the engine will search for model/players/alora/model_yellow.skin .

CustomSkin work only if you have alreat a model_"SKINNAME" setted *.SKIN file into the model folder.

make a skin file and a npc file is the abc of modding. you need simply to open NPC and SKIN files with notepad.

npc need also a saber. also saber can be programmed with SAB files, you found npc files into ext_data/npcs and sab files into ext_data/sabers.

edit the data files is a good point for start the modding.

i learned the basic of modding editing data files.

after, i edited model texture with graphic programs.

after, i learn how to edit to sounds and music.

after, i learn the basic knowledge of mapping, shadering and scripting

after, i learn how to rig a model into 3d max.

md3 i learn recently.

coding is my last learning.

and agains is full of mysteries.

really, NPCs is the door of the modding. :)

downloaded a few mods, troopers, jedi etc, but they are skins, only model, shaders etc within the .pk3, does anyone know how to make an npc file so i can spawn the model in game? never been good at this sort of thing, i know how to edit an npc files, but never knew how to make the skin into an npc, thanks in advance.

You have already recieved some great replies on how to create an NPC file for models.

However since you are not very good with that sort of thing, if you ever need any help or just want me to make the NPC file for you then feel free to PM me anytime however many times you want i'll be happy to help. :)

therfiles likes this