Turning .GLM into .MD3

Hey!

So I got these two skins made by the awesome @@Milamber =>

http://tinyurl.com/dlcloudjof

...And I was wondering if it is possible to turn them into models as statues inside a map.

A retexture/reshader work probably needs to be done but how would I go about making the .GLM files into .MD3 which is needed for radiant?

I have searched around and seen mentions of Blender, Milkshake and such but I have no experience with them whatsoever. Rather overwhelming to tell you the truth. Some of the comments say its not even possible.

Any kind soul out there with some free time on his hands that can help me out with this?

Rich Whitehouse's noesis tool. It's available on the jkhub files list.

Thanks!!

And any ideas on how I could set a specific animation to the .md3?

Is it doable in radiant or should I export it while it is in that particular animation that I desire? (Sorry im really clueless, lol)

You can import a .glm in Blender with a specified range of animations.  That will get you the pose, at least.  I'm still working on actually making a statue out of it...

You're gonna have to forgive me... do you mean you're attempting to do this for me or are you doing something else for yourself but similar? :P

So if I got this right though =>

1) Import GLM to Blender, fix the animation and save.

2) Import GLM with new animations to Noesis and get the MD3 file.

=>

All good?

Will still need to retexture/reshader the skin but thats not the concern right now, I suppose.

With no experience in Blender, how hard is it to specify range of animations do you reckon?

You're gonna have to forgive me... do you mean you're attempting to do this for me or are you doing something else for yourself but similar? :P

Right now it's for myself because I'll eventually need a certain model as a statue.  I would offer to do it for you, but figuring out how isn't one of my priorities and it might take, well, a long time.

Getting the animation isn't hard.  You can use Modview to find whatever pose it is you're wanting, get the name of it (like BOTH_something), then find it in the animation.cfg from the _humanoid folder.  I'm going to use BOTH_FORCEGRIP3THROW, which starts at frame 6679.  The animation has 31 frames, but I only need to import the first one.

I don't really know what to do after that besides delete the tags and caps and any extra LODs.  :/

Right now it's for myself because I'll eventually need a certain model as a statue.  I would offer to do it for you, but figuring out how isn't one of my priorities and it might take, well, a long time.

Getting the animation isn't hard.  You can use Modview to find whatever pose it is you're wanting, get the name of it (like BOTH_something), then find it in the animation.cfg from the _humanoid folder.  I'm going to use BOTH_FORCEGRIP3THROW, which starts at frame 6679.  The animation has 31 frames, but I only need to import the first one.

I don't really know what to do after that besides delete the tags and caps and any extra LODs.  :/

I was with you on the Modview part but then you lost me on tags/caps etc :( Its too unfamiliar territory for me.

Damnit...

Surely to God there's an easier way to do this.  But I'll explain what I've done so far...

I'm guessing you understood how to figure out what frames to import, so I won't explain that.

When you go to import your glm, scroll down on the left until you find this box, and fill in the numbers like you want.

blender_frameimp_zpst6hao7th.png

Here's what mine looked like when I imported it:

blender_imp_zps7sk5ebjd.png

Now, on the top right side of the screen, to the right of the word Search, there's a little drop-down box that says All Scenes (it kinda got cut off in the picture).  Click it and select Visible Layers.  Just below that box, you'll see only the things involved with your model in a list.  Idk what parts of the model you want, but on mine, I only needed the head, torso, hips, arms, and hands (the legs were pointless).  Select the parts that you do want (right click, and hold shift if you want to select more than one at once) in the 3d window, and press M, then move them to another layer.  You can also select multiple parts in the list thingy on the right by left clicking and holding shift.  But you still need your mouse in the 3d window to move them.

This is what I had left over and didn't want:

blender_leftovers_zpsljtm5ijo.png

Those are the caps and tags.  Tags are like *something, and caps will says cap in the name.

So leave those alone and go over to whatever layer you have what you want on.  Press A to select all, then go to export - obj.  (Yes, it's not md3 yet).  Scroll down and find this box, and adjust the settings so it's like what I have.  (I haven't had time to experiment with some of the settings, so Idk what all is strictly necessary and what isn't.  I just know this works.)

blender_exp_zpsnicrrgje.png

Export it, then import the .obj back into Blender... and you should have the parts stuck in whatever animation you wanted the model in, WITHOUT the JKA skeleton or anything attached.

blender_sofar_zpsqktk8ynt.png

That's as far as I've gotten on it... feel free to experiment from there.

Aldro Koon likes this