*Modding Assistance* Concussion weapon... for direct blast/explosion without projectile

Hi guys, together with @@Xeby we're working on a small mod and atm we got stucked on this problem.
We need modding assistance for:

Concussion weapon (for direct blast/explosion without projectile!!). How is possible to modify this weapon?

It seems the weapon.dat  file can't change the blast of a weapon without a projectile. At the moment we don't have a solution for now.. We need a weapon to fire a direct blast like a bomb.. However, that blast can't be pushed by a force user. 

Hmm for what i understand You want - a concussion without effect that cant be pushed by jedi. And You want the projectile immediately hit someone or You want it to be still a projectile?

What @@dark_apprentice means is this: A modification for concussion weapon to fire direct blast/explosion without the blue projectile, because the force users can't push an explosion. I know its looks like a suicide weapon.. but we gonna use god mode..  :lol:

dark_apprentice likes this

Yes, exactly. Is it possible to be modified, would it work out if the .dll file is modified or is there any way to do this, or maybe to create a new weapon similar to the Concussion Rifle, that gives you a direct blast/explosion, without the blue projectile, and other force users in the game won't be able to push it away?

The .dat file same with bot files and such are specific client end modifcations.  If you want something more in depth you have to alter the games core code to achieve that effect.

Lot of the more bloated part of the game come from the graphical portion suchs as texutes/maps and so forth were as core game code is a lot smaller.

I'm not seeing it as in depth as you like so maybe some more explaining might help me to understand.  You basically want the concusion to do some sort of damage but no alternative kinda setup so that it can be force pushed by jedi aka a porjectile?  Basically a weapon that no one can alter the path of or have control over minus the person who fired it?

If that is the case then yes, that is something that has to be done or altered code wise.  Weapon date handles lighter end client things.  Core alterations of how say you throw a grenade and a jedi can force push it after it is thrown is something that someone who understands the game code has to alter/modify.

Like with sabers the alterations of things such as length and damge of weapons can be altered via the files that represent that hilt or weapon.  But things that reflect in game things such as how a bounce happens on a grenade or whether you can force push a grenade back and forth happen via the core game code.

dark_apprentice likes this

The .dat file same with bot files and such are specific client end modifcations.  If you want something more in depth you have to alter the games core code to achieve that effect.

Lot of the more bloated part of the game come from the graphical portion suchs as texutes/maps and so forth were as core game code is a lot smaller.

I'm not seeing it as in depth as you like so maybe some more explaining might help me to understand.  You basically want the concusion to do some sort of damage but no alternative kinda setup so that it can be force pushed by jedi aka a porjectile?  Basically a weapon that no one can alter the path of or have control over minus the person who fired it?

If that is the case then yes, that is something that has to be done or altered code wise.  Weapon date handles lighter end client things.  Core alterations of how say you throw a grenade and a jedi can force push it after it is thrown is something that someone who understands the game code has to alter/modify.

Like with sabers the alterations of things such as length and damge of weapons can be altered via the files that represent that hilt or weapon.  But things that reflect in game things such as how a bounce happens on a grenade or whether you can force push a grenade back and forth happen via the core game code.

Originally we are talking about Force Repulse, my idea was to try combine it with Dark Rage animation from Level 1 and a shockwave saber, but @@Xeby wanted to do it with a weapon instead of saber, so he can explain you more about this I just made the topic, because the only thing left is to change the Concussion (or crate a whole new weapon), that will blast the explosion and must be invisible so when the explosion blows up all the opponents fly away and simply die, even if there is someone as strong as Tavion/Desan or anything like that of the force users and won't be able to push it back at you.

Maybe perhaps a weapon .dat setting but I feel this borders on game coding kinda deal.  I played FU enough so basicaly you want dark rage mixed with FU kinda the repulse from sabers with the combo it knocks people away kinda deal.  So basically you wanna mix the concusion weapons data to the saber to make a kinda frakenstein repluse (saber mixed with the weapon repulse?).  Weapon knockback does that but you want the kinda animation playthrough of the force repulse tied to sabers whatever kinda deal which does require a mixture of textures and code changes I imagine beyond a LOT of workaround which might be to much for anyone to do.  It's not a very clear cut light end modding sorta deal you need more in depth work for something like that.  But coders can answer that better than I can.

Looking at both, one is just a the rifle fired then a saber drawn, one is with the saber out.  I wager maybe you can mix the weapon info. into the saber stuff less that required coding related things.  Can try mixing the weapon .dat line commands into the hilt and see if it works or not.  About the only thing I can figure at this point beyond going into game coding which I can look at but actually altering/changing I'm a absolute novice on.

Only say mixing the weapon .dat info into the saber hilts cause both are already coded into the client end level of alteration might work mixed with saber related changes.  Seen people change saber blades that were a mile long so I don't see why you can't mix weapon related effects to hilts but that means it is only specific to that saber hilt then and not the overall game aka a hilt that is more powerful than core game sabers.

Force unleashed was great for telekenetics but beyond that lightnining and the repulse was basically a saber version of force push.  Maybe for combat be great but in a ffa you would have every repulsing in the hit/run tactics people do these days and you would end up with tons of people knocked across the maps every time they felt they couldn't do a good swing.  Not sure if this is tied to regular saber swings or force power specific.  Might just be something tied to the saber itelf but it leaves room for a new force power to the hilt itself but JK was never coded with hilts doing force power related stuff anyway so that is again code related stuff.

Well that depends on @@Xeby since I am not familiar with the coding or the C/C++ I personally would like to use if I was able to, the saber-repulse and make it invisible, take out only the dark rage animation and when the player binds a key it simply explodes while doing the animation, but that requires to hit so maybe the weapon idea of Xeby is better idk

If this is a client end only thing it would simply be a matter of changing the animation in the files that are specific to a new animation you want or no animation at all and just change it to maybe a round about back swing animation.  There is a lot of saber swing animations already so you would just have to pick a dual or swing or staff based sping around swing to be used in the animation number/name in place of the current animation swing.  Since that is all repluse is is a sping around saber swing and when it comes back to the front end swing it repulses or force pushes away npcs or players whatever.

If the current repulse file comes with a .dll that means it was a client end coded alteration instead of file alterations and light end aka code based stuff borders into more in depth modding stuff which is again, beyond my abilities.  Hope this helps! :D