The TARDIS

So, here's my first project.

I made a TARDIS model with SketchUp, which is based on the latest version.

article-1200883-05C6E23F000005DC-378_468

article-2218527-15866B74000005DC-277_634

And here's my result:

UPDATE: Left is the high-poly version, right the low-poly version.

Both were rendered with Blender.

tardiscomparison_zpsaf618cc1.jpg

Oh, and one more thing:

I want to say that this will be my first and last project. I spend so much time on this one,

and I hope it'll be worth it, not only for me, but for every Doctor Who fan.

Delmi likes this

The limit in jk3 to use the model as the func_door, rotating and other stuff is 1000 polys.

I know there are some models in Jk that have more than that but it is not good for Jk :/ You should make Your model less detail. Make the windows as a texture same to the whole doors. The models in jk3 are simple and textures make them look detail.

I dunno about sketchup. But i think You should use gmax or blender for this. I use blender and i recommend this program but what can i say ... My program my choice :) (before You make a model check if there are any exporters and importers because there could be issues on the way)

Edited by Langerd
Lancelot likes this

The limit in jk3 to use the model as the func_door, rotating and other stuff is 1000 polys.

I know there are some models in Jk that have more than that but it is not good for Jk :/ You should make Your model less detail. Make the windows as a texture same to the whole doors. The models in jk3 are simple and textures make them look detail.

I dunno about sketchup. But i think You should use gmax or blender for this. I use blender and i recommend this program but what can i say ... My program my choice :) (before You make a model check if there are any exporters and importers because there could be issues on the way)

Thanks for the advises :) .

It seems that there's a lot of work to do. I'm trying to cut-off some stuff to reduce the polycount, but I think it shouldn't

be a big deal.

Thanks for the advises :) .

It seems that there's a lot of work to do. I'm trying to cut-off some stuff to reduce the polycount, but I think it shouldn't

be a big deal.

Remember! @@Lancelot ! First change the program as the minilogoguy18 said and then make your model come true. It will be much easier in the future but first You should learn basics of 3D programs like gmax,blender first :)

Glad I could help