Need Help with Video Editing

A have a few videos recorded and the recorder I am using has absolutely incredible quality! The thing is when I go to import it into my editor quite a bit of quality is lost. I am using Wondershare Video Editor. I'm not exactly sure as to what is going on. Any tips and advice would be highly appreciated.

Not familiar with the program, but when you export it from the editor, it surely compresses and encodes the footage by default. There's surely a way to export it losslessly (if you have the hdd space) or keep compression down to a minimum (if you don't have the hdd space). Check your settings!

therfiles likes this

I'd agree with everyone else. It just isn't possible to display such high quality playback and get real-time editing to work together nicely. It usually compresses it so you can work with ease and then exports it with high quality. I'd export a small clip, however, to verify that this the case.

I use Wondershare for ripping my DVDs and notice its settings aren't the best and there aren't a lot of advanced features for the user to change. It automatically tries to do a lot of things and leaving it at default doesn't always yield the best results. You might be better off in the future by using editing software such as Sony Vegas that allows you to specify all of your video settings manually if you so choose and avoiding loss of quality.

You could always just switch programs. Sony Vegas is what I used back in the days, but Adobe Premiere is quite popular as well. For post-processing, Adobe After Effects is the place to be. I believe all of them have free trials available.

therfiles likes this

Yeah I tested it out before hand and the file still exports in a much lower quality. Either there is something I need to adjust in my advanced options or something else is up.

Are there any export setting you can tweak? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the exact program you are using.

Are there any export setting you can tweak? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the exact program you are using.

There are some in the advance options but I have tried most of that stuff. I thought at first it was a resolution problem as the resolution it was set at it is a bit larger than the actual resolution so I dropped that down but that didn't fix anything either. I don't if it is because it doesn't go up to the specific FPS I used but what ever the case I need something that can deliver quality wise. I am also in contact with tech support for this problem but I am waiting to hear back from the response I gave them.

therfiles likes this

A few other things I need help with when I upload a video, it doesn't take up the whole You-Tube screen any idea on how I can fix that? Also my video only comes up at like 340 quality or what ever the 300 number was. Does anyone have any tips to fix this up?

But the original video file takes up the whole space? No black strips? YouTube would only do that if it's not 16:9.

Indeed it did. Granted my resolution is 1024*768 so either something went off in the export or there are still some settings I need to change.