Multiplayer issue... AGAIN! GFD!

Ok ... I will start like this. I am making a sp stuff... Maps, gun models. Most of them works fine... I was planing to release my gun pack when i realized i didnt checked ... the multiplayer which i dont like much. I didnt made a single thing for it. Even the Carbon Freezing map - I made it for myself and for school.

Back to the guns . Everything works fine with them. I changed effects, changed MD3 models, changed the line in weapons.DAT file to use my gun model, i even replaced the normal disruptor_w.glm file to my gun... I made the shader for them too! They look for me quite nice... Of course... This was too beautiful to work.

I DOWNLOADED FROM INTERNET A FULL JK3. Clean,without any mods (because my base folder is a garbage...). I made a diffrent folder with clean game. And i only put in my base ... my guns pack. I started SP first. It worked. without single issue. Then i started mp... What... the... Ass... (sry for bad language...) WHY? This is messed up so bad... even effects doesnt worked nice. I COPIED LINES FROM ORIGINAL EFFECTS FILES AND ONLY CHANGED TEXTURES IN THESE LINES!!! TO MAKE DISRUPTOR SHOT GREEN LASER... Wow...

Have ... mercy.

you can do that in bg_misc.c and search for /*QUAKED weapon_disruptor

if you want to edit it for a coded mp version, out of the files you should keep the folder of the weapon name

and rename you files to be the same as the orginal once. then it should work 

Well... I want to replace the game guns with my own stuff. To SP i used the the weapon.DAT. But it doesnt work for mp...

you can do that in bg_misc.c and search for /*QUAKED weapon_disruptor

if you want to edit it for a coded mp version, out of the files you should keep the folder of the weapon name

and rename you files to be the same as the orginal once. then it should work 

Well... i dont know anything about coding... To the mp i must replace but i dont know how :/ It is just weird.

weapon.dat allow only to specific same staff for Weapons in Single player. with open JK you can customize also damage, altdamage splashdamage, splashradius, splashknockback too (i tried and work)

however Weapon.dat not be read for MP. for change models into MP code you need... sigh, you need to manipulate MP code. :\ there is no other solution. :(  all Mp code is definied by jamp86.dll ui86.dll and cgame86.dll :\ you need to rebuild this 3 files after you edit mp code with visual studio and replace the original Dll with that.

SP coding is more simple because is C++ and you need just to build an exe and the dll jaspx86.dll

MP code is C and is more complex.

good luck man :(  

I cant just ... replace the models with my own? I downloaded the T-21 for example (made by Inry) and I checked every file in the rar. there are only folders:

Strings
Gfx
Shaders
Models

And i checked the MD3 files. I must replace them all. Or wont work.
There is no need to play with the code i think... there is only the trick to replace the MD3 files and i must use to make it work fine.

I wanted to upload it but making it for MP is more time spending soo it will delay my work. Shit... But many thanks guys!

(if you not belive me here are the pics of the T-21 made by Inry... no codes needed for this i think)

http://wrzucaj.net/RDk
http://wrzucaj.net/RDV
http://wrzucaj.net/RDp

And you can also check this file... I think this is only made by modle raplacing trick

without code work with visual studio...

for SP you can customize the path of the weapons by weapons.dat

for MP is more complicated, you need to rename the folder, the glm and md3 files of the weapons with the same name of the weapons you wanna be replace. there is the GLM for shooting, the md3 as world model of item weapon and the hand.md3 that show model into first person.

O.o

Langerd likes this

without code work with visual studio...

for SP you can customize the path of the weapons by weapons.dat

for MP is more complicated, you need to rename the folder, the glm and md3 files of the weapons with the same name of the weapons you wanna be replace. there is the GLM for shooting, the md3 as world model of item weapon and the hand.md3 that show model into first person.

O.o

I know this and this is what i want to do. Many thanks Btw :)