Cant get my glow to work right :(

So I've added a glow shader to my lights in my map. However when testing in game the whiteimage is completely solid.
I'm assuming I need to added a translucent flag to it in the SHADER file?

textures/trak5/light1a
{
qer_editorimage textures/trak5/light1a.jpg
q3map_surfacelight 7500
q3map_backSplash 0.5 8
q3map_nolightmap
q3map_lightRGB 1 1 1
{
map $whiteimage
blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
rgbGen const ( 1.00 1.00 1.00 )
}
{
map $whiteimage
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
rgbGen const ( 1.00 1.00 1.00 )
glow
}
}

And also I'm thinking that the first map $whiteimage should be the path to my  texture file right?
Used the generic light shader tutorial so I'm assuming the fault lies with my understanding of the script.

Also slightly on topic, does anyone have a complete set of the TRAK textures? the website went down and now I cant find them anywhere. Just what I have in my resources (which doesnt include the glow files)

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

Ok well as stated, ya'll aren't mind readers.
The following picture is how the shader looks in level.
The WHITE area's are where my lights should be.

light_zps6516a432.jpg

I'm wondering if by adding a line to my shader in the first post, if I can make the $whiteimage glow which is currently blocking my textures, translucent rather then the solid white texture blocking mess.

I want to be able to actually see my texture behind the glow is what I'm saying.
If I still had access to the full texture set from TRAK5, i'd just do that, but when I converted it for use in JK i removed all "unnecessary files" like the normal maps and glows since the old SITH engine didn't support them.

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

Instead of whiteimage point the glow stage to a duplicate of your base texture, but modify it to highlight where you want the glow areas to be:

And yes the first whiteimage line should point to your texture file, because as that shader stands the only thing the actual light texture is being used for is the editor, not ingame render

Example (base image on left and glow image on right)

Yy9xvXOl.jpg?1GInfm8ll.jpg?1

Boothand likes this