Halloween Movie Recommendation List

Since it is that time of the year again, I thought we could post up some of our favorite Horror/Halloweenish movies that we'd actually recommend people see.

I think my favorite is Bram Stroker's Dracula. I always liked the first 3rd of the movie best when they were in the castle before going to England. This is really, close to the book as well. The Audiobook is super long, but, its free on Libravox. 

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is also another pretty good one. Was odd seeing DeNiro cast as the monster since I was used to him as Jimmy Conway for Goodfellas, but, this is another really great movie. 

The original Children of the Corn from 1984 is one to see as well. Kinda cheesy and 80's looking but I think that's what makes it all the better. Here's a clip. This was paraodied in a SouthPark episode.

http://youtu.be/FMoxZeTeRPE

John Carpenter's The Thing.  Scientists or a crew or whatever discover a frozen UFO under the ice and all hell breaks loose. This is a re-make from the 1950's version. Plot is the same but the thing is WAY different. Both versions are really good, but this is the better.

* fun fact, this movie was the actual inspiration to set my project on a snowy landscape at an outpost which really didn't turn out the way I intended.

What are some of your favorites?

Jango40 and z3filus like this

Bram Stroker's Dracula is my all-time favourite, but last Halloween I had a marathon of all the Halloween movies (1-6?) and Friday the 13th movies.
And Im not a horror fan - I do like zombie films, The Walking Dead series,  but those movies were just scary, and I had to watch them with my girlfriend.
So yeah there I was acting tough and biting my arm just trying not to close my eyes... and she was laughing out loud for those movies... and.. at me

This Halloween I though I'd take it easy and watch Harry Potter

edit: we dont have a halloween map for JKA dont we? that would be cool

Bram Stroker's Dracula is my all-time favourite, but last Halloween I had a marathon of all the Halloween movies (1-6?) and Friday the 13th movies.

And Im not a horror fan - I do like zombie films, The Walking Dead series,  but those movies were just scary, and I had to watch them with my girlfriend.

So yeah there I was acting tough and biting my arm just trying not to close my eyes... and she was laughing out loud for those movies... and.. at me

This Halloween I though I'd take it easy and watch Harry Potter

edit: we dont have a halloween map for JKA dont we? that would be cool

Since you had to watch all the Friday the 13th movies, did you ever check this out? Its a really cool documentary on the franchise. I always liked the one where they got to New York. BTW

http://youtu.be/3yItDVjwkSo?list=PL6F6F231D7DC4EE5F

John Carpenters "They Live". It's not really a "horror" movie, but would be a nice movie to watch. Also makes you think...

That's a good one, too. Its fits. Not all Halloween movies are horror films. It creeped me out when I was younger I remember.

• 5 weeks later...