Full forum paths for View New Content

Didz

The View New Content button is really handy and I use it all the time to see what's new on the forums since I last visited. It would really help with figuring out where a post was actually posted if the full path of the post was noted, not just the name of the direct parent subforum.

Right now there are a bunch of posts which are just labelled as being under "Discussion". There are so many mod forums on the board with a sub-forum of "Discussion" that you can't figure out which discussion forum the post actually belongs to.

Current behaviour: Reason to use guns in Discussion

Suggested behaviour: Reason to use guns in Mod Project Forums > Jedi Knight: Enhanced > Discussion

This would make it clearer which mod the post relates to.

Boothand, Omicron, Onysfx and 2 others like this

A good short-term solution would be to rename all Discussion forums to make it clearer. A long-term solution would be to do a hook, which will take some time as I still need to learn how IP.B deals with mods.

Basically this. Shouldn't be too hard, but he's right, the IPB system can be confusing.

I'm also reluctant to do too much to the site, as there is potential to upgrade to IP.Board 4.0 soon, if they ever release it. This goes for the mobile theme as well. 

So yeah. We'll look into it soon. :)

Didz likes this