Hello there!

Hi, my name is Anhre, I'm from Hungary and I decided to be part of the JA modding community. :)

I was 13 years old when I started Jedi Academy. I really liked it, me and my former guild roleplayed all the time and we enjoyed ourselfs. We were very happy when a new mod, model or map came out, we had fun creating our own "history" within the game and we wrote a little novel about it. I've always wanted to be a modder, but never had the courage and the knowledge to do so.

Now, after a few years I came back to the game, played the single player campaign and I felt that I need more story. Luckly I had the "history" of my guild and I decided that I want to make a mod and story about it within Jedi Academy.

I read the tutorials, tryed to do unique animations, models, maps. I had luck with mapping, but with animating not really. I watched the Softimage tutorial videos and it was too complicated for me (for a beginner).

Can you please tell me where to begin with and what to do?

My main focus is on animating, making cinematics and maps.

I want to do this becouse I have some free time and I enjoy makeing something unique, and I want to practice codeing and editing programs, becouse I want to be a programmer myself in the near future and I felt that this would be a great challenge. :)

Welcome!

Feel free to post some screenshots of maps you've been working on :)

As with most things related to the modding of this game, training in the softwares themselves usually serve as the foundation you need for understanding the steps for rigging models and animations for these games. Then it becomes easier to understand. If you have any specific questions that aren't answered clearly in tutorials, make a thread in the modding assistance forum and you should get some more tips on what to do/where to go.