Compiling Help

Go to solution Solved by Cerez,

I cant't get Microsoft Visual Studio to install on my Windows machine -- it keeps throwing an error… :(

I need to ask for a favour. Could someone with a working setup of the Windows OpenJK compiling tools download and build the following custom OpenJK source for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsr2fdmdk4hi5pd/OpenJK-master.zip

I need a 32-bit binary of the SP game engine (and maybe jagamex86.dll?).

I can't get things working otherwise… :/

I would be forever grateful.

Log the error of the building  @ :) The recent version of OpenJK give to me, too also a lot of bug and strange syntaxis error of building. i use a version of the last years for my work.

If there is no possible to fix, i try to build by myself.

I am working too into SP game, but my mod is really more complex of facial animation.

Otherwise, is better if you fix the error, too, or you need ever of building by others. : \  i suppose you need to test, try and debug the  code and that require a continue building work.

Hi Asgarath. I've built on Linux frequently, and I'm currently trying to compile it on Mac OS X. I don't have a problem with working it out myself, but on my Windows I can't get to the build process because I can't get Microsoft Visual Studio running now… It just won't install… :(

If you could compile the Windows version this time for me, that would be great. If it doesn't take too long to do it. I don't want to take too much of your time -- it's time better spent working on your mod. :)

Perhaps you can run it in the background while you work? ;)

In the meantime I'll try to finish my Mac build on this end...

Log the error of the building  @ :) The recent version of OpenJK give to me, too also a lot of bug and strange syntaxis error of building. i use a version of the last years for my work.

If there is no possible to fix, i try to build by myself.

I am working too into SP game, but my mod is really more complex of facial animation.

Otherwise, is better if you fix the error, too, or you need ever of building by others. : \  i suppose you need to test, try and debug the  code and that require a continue building work.

It just compiled successfully on Mac OS X, so you should have no issues with the Windows build, Asgarath. :)

Why won't VS install? An exact error would be immensely helpful.

Thanks for tuning in Eezstreet. ^_^ It's got to do with my version of Windows… :P Microsoft and their bloody licensing system…  <_<

Uh...which version of VS and what version of Windows?

A special, early developer release of Windows 8 and the "Windows" version (stupid name) of Visual Studio 2013. We won't be able to get it to work, if that's what you're trying. I'll probably have to re-install the whole Windows OS in order to get it to work… :/

Asgarath unfortunately wasn't able to compile it with the latest OpenJK code due to some unusual error in his configuration.

I still need help with this one. Can someone assist, please? Everything's ready, you just need to hit compile and upload the binary.

I would really appreciate it. I'm not keen on having to move all my files and revamp my Windows partition just for this… (that would take a lifetime…) >.<'

Asgarath unfortunately wasn't able to compile it with the latest OpenJK code due to some unusual error in his configuration.

I still need help with this one. Can someone assist, please? Everything's ready, you just need to hit compile and upload the binary.

I would really appreciate it. I'm not keen on having to move all my files and revamp my Windows partition just for this… (that would take a lifetime…) >.<'

I can probably do it while I'm at work tomorrow. By the way are you using the win 8 vers of VS or the "for desktop" version? (Desktop one would probably work if you're using the other one).
Cerez likes this

JKG Developer

• Solution

I can probably do it while I'm at work tomorrow. By the way are you using the win 8 vers of VS or the "for desktop" version? (Desktop one would probably work if you're using the other one).

Thanks Darth, I appreciate your support. Eez helped me out with compiling this one, so I can mark this now as solved.

My Windows 8 is just a mess, and it won't do anything I ask it to… >.<' XD

Asgarath83 likes this