Posing a player model in Radiant in .md3

Greetings!

I decided to continue work on my Hrakert Station map and came to the decision that such a creepy atmosphere DEMANDS dead republic soldiers :P. I recall seeing something similar in Mace's Republic Commando map but I don't believe the models were posed with base animations, rather that model was created that way from scratch.

If there isn't a way to do it in .md3 format, would it then be possible to do it by way of NPC? Is there a way to make sure the NPC body doesn't despawn after it dies? That way when the map starts the NPC will be killed and the body will remain there (hopefully).

Curious to hear thoughts and advice on this.

Regards,

DarthDementous

You can do it with scripting pretty easily. Under the animations in Behaved there are about 25 different death positions. I found the script online somewhere but I don't have the page bookmarked anymore. Here's a shot of the script you can follow. 

deadscript_zpsb63e99a3.jpg

I see, you mean that I can pose an invincible NPC to be in that death animation with scripting? Or does this work for .md3 as well (I don't see how but eh you never know).

I haven't really used scripting yet but luckily I have a friend whose quite proficient so I'll ask him about animating an NPC. Thanks for the reply!

I see, you mean that I can pose an invincible NPC to be in that death animation with scripting? Or does this work for .md3 as well (I don't see how but eh you never know).

I haven't really used scripting yet but luckily I have a friend whose quite proficient so I'll ask him about animating an NPC. Thanks for the reply!

I don't know if you can actually pose them anyway you want to. I think your stuck at whatever pre-programmed animation choice there is in Behaved. 

Ehm, very simply: checl the impworkers spawnscript on the map t1_fatal. The IrocJeff method is correct. No Md3 you need, i have used also in some my custome maps for making corpse.

You can also use .MD3, in the dark forces mod there is a map about a planet in war with empire, tolas, if i remeber correctly, is Full of skeleton model died in md3 format. The first method is more easy, however, and for your case is more corrept.