Movie Battles 2 Help

Hey guys, I haven't had much time to mess with this, but I'm really curious if anyone can answer some questions regarding Movie Battles II for me. I realize the answers here could be fairly complex, but I'd just like to know if possible.

1. Is there any way to add bot support to Movie Battles II? If so, what is the simplest method and where do I begin?

2. Is there any way to add model scaling to it? Again, the easiest method to do so would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

To add bot support, join their team to get access to its source code, without which it's impossible. The "simplest" thing I can imagine is still pretty hard: Port over the singleplayer's pathfinding, which is superior to the multiplayer's and should be a good foundation. Will still need quite some work afterwards, but nowhere as much. They won't want to do that though because the singleplayer code is GPL-licensed, so they'd have to make their code open source were they to use parts of it. Anyway, begin by learning C and probably some C++.

I'm not sure about scaling, but I believe the answer is the same: You need access to the code.

Thank you for the speedy and detailed response.

I have experience with both C and C++. When I initially wrote this up I had not yet had a chance to look at how these sorts of mods were structured, but upon looking I can see you are most definitely correct.

With that in mind I am thinking of possibly modifying OJP Enhanced or Basic and adding model scaling to it, but I am not sure where to begin. Do you know of any open-source mods that have such a feature?

Thanks agian.

as far as i can see in Mb2 assets there is not such thing as a text file where scale is added to it so 

it is done via a coded line in the source where they add the class specs 

This brings up another question. I haven't gotten to play around with MBII yet, but by what I've seen, it looks like you can't really add your own skins - although I could be wrong. Is there any way to add your own skins, or only to replace existing ones?

I'm asking all this because I was thinking of switching from OJP Enhanced to MBII, but its looking a bit like MBII is just a little too restrictive so I might just stick with OJP Enhanced - even if it is kind of dead online. If I could just add model scaling to it I think it'd be ideal.

Also, I'll check out ClanMod to see if it has model scaling.

Thanks again everyone. You guys are a great help!