I bloody LOVE this! Luke Skywalker Theme vs. Battle over Coruscant

Say what you like about the prequals but i bloody love this song so much.  Taking Luke's theme and turning it into a war stricken song.  For me it truly describes the Jedi! 

Whenever i play a FPS or tactical game i always have the second version on my playlist xD  I dunno i just really think it describes the Jedi and it's one of the reasons i love Obi-Wan as a Jedi!

https://soundcloud.com/armoured-fury/luke-vs-rots

(also you may be subjected to my other work on there sorry lol)

Boothand and Grab like this

I really love Luke's theme too, and just the theme itself is enough. Brings back memories of how it truly felt when I was a kid and believed I had force powers together with a friend, and the magic of the lightsabers only we could see. Ahh.. only remember too well the disappointment the day our third friend refused to get choked by my friend, who was a sith.

I remember a theme that really had impact on me was the emperor's theme (starting at 1:07). It really carried over the feeling of the dark side of the force.

EDIT: Listening to this... man I'm really having a moment. I think I may in fact love Luke Skywalker, and I genuinely wish I can become a jedi. I really mean it...

I really love Luke's theme too, and just the theme itself is enough. Brings back memories of how it truly felt when I was a kid and believed I had force powers together with a friend, and the magic of the lightsabers only we could see. Ahh.. only remember too well the disappointment the day our third friend refused to get choked by my friend, who was a sith.

I remember a theme that really had impact on me was the emperor's theme (starting at 1:07). It really carried over the feeling of the dark side of the force.

EDIT: Listening to this... man I'm really having a moment. I think I may in fact love Luke Skywalker, and I genuinely wish I can become a jedi. I really mean it...

Why thank you for listening :P

For me the second part is like, you know, the hard times... That great war... When the Jedi were a mighty formidable "force"

I also see this as the theme of the light side kind of.

The opening riff plays when Obi-Wan is hanging onto the cylinder in the pit, and he's cornered by Maul, and then he decides to let go of his anger, and then flies up and wins the duel.

Well I didn't mean actually recreate it, because yes that would be difficult. 

I merely did some clever editing and got what I wanted.

http://circa.im/files/audio/boc_re.mp3

Oh yeh i get what you mean now!

It kinda makes me think of massive battleship guns blazing off xD

Will see what i can do lol.

Wait isn't this just that? xD  Listening to it it's such a fantastic composition, so many layers!  I kinda like it because it follows a 3 beat rather than a traditional 4 beat.  You don't really get that in songs, well i see Zimmer do it a lot in his music but blah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS9lb-XIFTY

Little side note.. I used to love making video montages with this particular song but got sick of Youtube removing them :angry:

Wait isn't this just that? xD  Listening to it it's such a fantastic composition, so many layers!  I kinda like it because it follows a 3 beat rather than a traditional 4 beat.  You don't really get that in songs, well i see Zimmer do it a lot in his music but blah.

Ha. Yeah, but that's not official. The complete score was never released. People have been doing what I just did and edited around with it. Although I think they may have gotten the "war drum" part from a video game that had it. So it sounds a lot better than mine.

Yes, my bad. I forgot the word for it, so I just put musicians xD.

I, somehow, mis-read that as "Yes my dad forgot the word for it..."

Was thinking "Why did he need to ask his dad??"

Oh well a darker song but i think this is actually the song from the Geonosis arena but, in the movie, it's also used when Anakin marches on the Jedi temple.  However, on the movie OST there seems to be a version made just for that scene.  Like you'll notice that this one has a longer intro but the actual "Temple March" doesn't (as you can hear in the second version 0:23)

I, somehow, mis-read that as "Yes my dad forgot the word for it..."

Was thinking "Why did he need to ask his dad??"

ROFL :D. Although, I was reading your quote of my post rather quickly, and I kind of read it like that was well.... :P.

Oh and by the way, check out this DOTF metal cover, created by lervish, a fellow MBII player :).

• 2 weeks later...