Anyone listen to the Dark Force Audio Book series before?

I know alot of us has played the games, but has anyone listened to the Audio Books based on the story of Kyle Katarn?

51P1AA68C7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnJ1oq3EtUcvBkqBpOzSErG1N5re-wDm

The three part series starts out when Kyle is at the Academy and moves on to the events of Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2. What is really interesting to find out is the back story of Kyle and how events from the game is different compared to the book. Lando, Luke & Leia are involved in the story some what but have minor roles. People living on the planet where The Valley of the Jedi was located, not to mention the floating alien protectors of the Valley. I think the audio book just gives more to the story which we all pretty much grew up playing. I understand why LucasArts cut out alot of the story and im glad they did. But know older listening to books makes me respect the story even more.

So if anyone has read the book/listened to the audio books what is your thoughts on it?

• 2 weeks later...

I know alot of us has played the games, but has anyone listened to the Audio Books based on the story of Kyle Katarn?

51P1AA68C7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnJ1oq3EtUcvBkqBpOzSErG1N5re-wDm

The three part series starts out when Kyle is at the Academy and moves on to the events of Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2. What is really interesting to find out is the back story of Kyle and how events from the game is different compared to the book. Lando, Luke & Leia are involved in the story some what but have minor roles. People living on the planet where The Valley of the Jedi was located, not to mention the floating alien protectors of the Valley. I think the audio book just gives more to the story which we all pretty much grew up playing. I understand why LucasArts cut out alot of the story and im glad they did. But know older listening to books makes me respect the story even more.

So if anyone has read the book/listened to the audio books what is your thoughts on it?

I read your thread a while ago but just listened to the first part of Soldier of the Empire. Its really well done, more like a radio show. Thanks for posting the link.  I'm on the second part now listening while I'm mapping.