Another FFA Map idea.

Been tossing ideas around in my head recently for FFA maps.
I was playing CoD:WaW on the PS3 today, and remembered how much I LOVED the asylum map.
So much so, that using a set of images I found for it online, I've begun to recreate it in JA.
Presently only the Stairs and outer area near the Wermacht spawn point are done, as well as beginning construction on the central courtyard.
I'll post pics one I have more then just Caulk to show.

Circa likes this

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

Asylums map style will allow for some heavy combat, even in a no force game. I'm planning on putting team and bot support in this one.
Just the little work I've done in getting the rough layout for areas has yielded only 162 brushes so far. If the level layout doesnt require TOO many brushes I may go into quite a bit of detail. Window frames, gates etc. Just small details to really POP the map. Ya know?

Well due to some issues with scale I had to go back and rethink the way the map was built. On the upside though I was able to paste a grid reference overlay in PSP.
With the new grid and being able to get a baseline measurement, progress is going MUCH smoother!!
Hopefully I'll have the map built in the week and textured in the next two.
Sometimes I hate being so ambitious.

Circa likes this

Well I couldnt resesit a small teaser.
Sorry for the hot pink mess, but thats the wonderfull world of CAULK for ya.
Might recognise these two shots.
One is the central courtyard area.
The other is from the Wehrmacht spawn point looking at the main stairs and porch area.
Current map design has 358 brushes.
Layout is nearly completed and then I will work on texturing and detailing.
My plan is to use nothing but custom textures, which will include a new skybox texture. I'm hoping to make it as close to the source as I can.

WaW_SC01_zps71ac9d34.png

WaW_SC02_zpsda7c97ce.png

@@Circa
Been using the pics from the CoD wikia as reference for textures. Also for easy comparison two of the pics there are the same angle (more or less) as my two Radiant shots.
Map will be recreated as accuratly as possible. This will include the basement area leading into the bathrooms, which actually is behind that blown open balcony area in the center of the first SC.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Asylum

Circa likes this