New Profile Areas

Hi,

There's been things bugging me so far in the profile area. I think it would be really convenient to add the following things so things won't be messed up:

• Facebook (so people can link to their profile)
  • Gmail (for people who have google mail and not yahoo or msn)
  • Google+ (to link their profile pages)
  • YouTube Channel URL (so people can show off their awesome vids!)
  • and possibly an area for a link to your favorite skin

These features would be really nice to have in the user CP area. Thanks!!

Added a few: Email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube

I may add more later, but some of those you listed aren't really popular enough to add. Do people really use Google+? The reason Yahoo and MSN were on there is because of their IM services that were extremely popular last decade. Now people use Facebook, Steam, or Xfire for IMing purposes. So I just added a generic email field, which was only viewable to staff before. Now you have an option to include it. I like your idea for a favorite mod, but I'm not sure how to implement that without looking goofy with a long link.

Link likes this

if you look on the JAWA website they have integrated into the miniprofile and it only says "Download" also it would be feasable to use a url shortener like i do.

Really? I'll have to see how to do that. (@@SiLink) And yeah, a URL shortener is great, but most people wouldn't use that.

Yeah I saw SJC did that and it would have looked a lot better as links in his About section rather than in the existing fields that they don't belong. See mine for reference.

Really? I'll have to see how to do that. (@@SiLink) And yeah, a URL shortener is great, but most people wouldn't use that.

Yeah I saw SJC did that and it would have looked a lot better as links in his About section rather than in the existing fields that they don't belong. See mine for reference.

Ah that, yeah but any one could put anything in there UNLESS you make the area you enter anything into:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/USER_CONTENT_HERE/

e.g.

User enters:

1779-man-hunt-mod

And the link in the side profile becomes:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1779-man-hunt-mod/

This is how it looks on JAWA

EKMSaZ0.png