Additional Assistance Needed with Entities

How come people go straight to a forum for support on very basic design aspects when figuring it out for themselves would make them more knowledgeable and capable modders in the long run?

If you read, I eventually wrote him off as unmotivated and did the work for him. You can read right?

Dude, that was not what happened. And by the way I can too map at the time I could not okay? I am a visualizer more than I am a maker for some stupid reason. Just don't bring that up again. You can nicely say I did the work for him because at the time he could not map.

So do not tell everyone that you did all the work and I am unmotivational. Although I never saw a screenshot in the first place so I don't really consider it work anyway. So the project died anyway and I was about to letya know that anyways. But Does anyone listen? Of course not! They blame the other person for doing nothing. :angry:

Dude, that was not what happened. And by the way I can too map at the time I could not okay? I am a visualizer more than I am a maker for some stupid reason. Just don't bring that up again. You can nicely say I did the work for him because at the time he could not map.

So do not tell everyone that I did all the work and I am unmotivational.

What you wanted to do was relatively simple stuff. I (we) suggested you take a little time to learn it yourself. GTKRadiant comes with source files for a few maps. It has a full entity list (obviously. Its a mapping program.) You can download the JKA and JKO SKD with BEhaved and all the source scripts. There are quite a few community made maps out there with clever scripting in them. There's nothing wrong with decompiling those maps and their scripts to learn how to do certain things. So long as no copying is done. A lot of guys learned that way, and they can do much more for themselves a lot faster. All the information was there, I promise you.

My point was that you clearly didn't come close to exhausting the resources available to you before coming here. Even when you did come here and where told where to look and what to do, you really did just ask to have it done up front. 

Do you honestly think you'll learn something better if it's done for you, or if you'd figure it out yourself. There's a process to entity chaining, scripting etc... that you'd actually develop a much better feel for by going through on your own. Don't use the limited time excuse. I know people with 3 kids and long hours at jobs. that are excellent modders in the COD community, and several different UDK side projects. I think there are a few people here on very limited time that are nevertheless quite talented because of the work they put in on their own.

I can read just find. I didn't barely notice you until your latest posts, and I don't see you working on any mods, so why don't you stay out of the way if you're going to act like this?

You have a silly point of view. That is all. Good luck with that.

*edit*

If you want the longer answer to that here it is. Because it's infuriating when people don't make an effort, yet seem to think they are entitled to having things done for them.

This attitude basically:

How come whenever someone asks for help nobody grants it, but oh--they'll give you a load of suggestions.

I can if it were something genuinely complex, there might be a need of assistance. However, suggestions and points/hints in the right direction are way more helpful in the LONG RUN when it comes to solving a beginner problem. It's very much rage inspiring when people take good suggestions, source material with examples, and an extreme number of tutorials and throw it all out the window because they can't be arsed with spending a little extra time building their own pool of knowledge.

No, and at this point you are sounding more like a jerk than a modder... that said let's leave the past behind so we can plan for a better future

Great argument bro. I can see how this statement completely countermands everything I just said. What a masterful point of view, steeped in a deep understanding of debate and science. Well done sir.

Good gravy guys.

MoonDog is right, suggestions and hints are better in the long run. LordRevian and Deviance, I can tell you've been learning from suggestions and hints that members have been giving for awhile now. Learn by doing and ask questions as you go.

I'm a bit disappointed that I need to lock this topic. You guys know better.  -_-

Merek likes this