TFU Shadow Trooper (From XBOX 360)

Hey, all. As you know, on one of Barricade's view-releasing of his lovely works, I commented that I was working on a shadowtrooper. Well, this is what I'm starting with:

IG6XvdJ.jpg

WSNFLac.jpg

jcF52lQ.jpg

HruL4Av.jpg

Just darkened the skin to what I think is the right Shadowtrooper armor darkness--feel free to give me constructive criticism! Also, I gotta add black lines down the shoulder pads. As soon as that is over with, the only other thing I need to learn is how to add blue glow to the spots where I want it. Like, say I want to fade the rest of the skin out on its jpg and leave a blue glow on the area I need it. I think I understand the shader part, but... If anyone has the answer to that, it'd help a lot.

LYQCtZ8.jpg

Update :D

This is a rather difficult trooper to replicate. His armor is so reflective it is hard to determine one color from the other. With regards to the shoulder pad, it isn't exactly a straight verticle line it has a horizontal curve on the bottom of the pad. Also I think his color needs to be overall a bit darker with a slight bright blue color in the armor and I think you can increase his contrast a bit make him look a bit shiner. I also suggest you lower all his saturation before giving him a faint light blue color. If you want reference shots I have some I can give you. Let me know if you would like them.

Lamented likes this

This is a rather difficult trooper to replicate. His armor is so reflective it is hard to determine one color from the other. With regards to the shoulder pad, it isn't exactly a straight verticle line it has a horizontal curve on the bottom of the pad. Also I think his color needs to be overall a bit darker with a slight bright blue color in the armor and I think you can increase his contrast a bit make him look a bit shiner. I also suggest you lower all his saturation before giving him a faint light blue color. If you want reference shots I have some I can give you. Let me know if you would like them.

Thanks, yeah I was beginning to think I should make the skin darker so I'll do that right now. Also, I don't know the trick to making a glowing blue yet. AshuraDX documented one of the tricks of the shader, but I have no idea how to add blue while fading the rest of the skin out so that the trick will actually work. Reference shots would be fine, btw.

I don't even remember this in the game. I need to play it for the 6th time...

Looks pretty good so far.

Also, know that you can edit your previous post. Usually I don't care about double posting but you posted 7 times in a row. That's a little unnecessary.