The Mark1 Droid In JKA

Ok so I'm trying to get this guy into my map, but the map errors out saying "can't find weapon model for weapon".

EDIT: Found out that because the bryar pistol was removed from weapons.dat, it errors out. So I replaced the WP_BRYAR_PISTOL with WP_BLASTER_PISTOL in the AI_Mark1. :P

Those were fun to fight! I'm assuming that worked, but I'm still confused. I opened the weapons.dat in "assets0.pk3 -> ext_data" and found these entries:

// These can never be gotten directly by the player

//NPC weapons
// WP_BRYAR_PISTOL, // NPC weapon - player can pick this up, but never starts with them
// WP_EMPLACED_GUN,
// WP_BOT_LASER, // Probe droid - Laser blast
// WP_TURRET, // turret guns 
// WP_ATST_MAIN,
// WP_ATST_SIDE,
// WP_TIE_FIGHTER,
// WP_RAPID_FIRE_CONC,
// WP_JAWA,
// WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE,
// WP_TUSKEN_STAFF,
// WP_SCEPTER,
// WP_NOGHRI_STICK,

// WP_BRYAR_PISTOL

{
weapontype       WP_BRYAR_PISTOL
weaponclass      weapon_bryar_pistol
weaponmodel      models/weapons2/briar_pistol/briar_pistol.md3
weaponIcon       gfx/hud/w_icon_briar
missileFuncName bryar_func
altmissileFuncName bryar_alt_func
ammotype         2
ammolowcount     15
energypershot    1
firetime         400
range            8192
altenergypershot 1
altfiretime      400
altrange         8192
muzzleEffect bryar/muzzle_flash
altmuzzleEffect bryar/altmuzzle_flash
altchargesound sound/weapons/bryar/altcharge.wav
altchargeforce   fffx/weapons/bryar/altcharge
selectSound sound/weapons/bryar/select.wav
selectforce     fffx/weapons/bryar/select
}

Then there's this:

// WP_BOT_LASER

{
weapontype   WP_BOT_LASER
weaponclass   weapon_bryar_pistol
weaponmodel   models/weapons2/noweap/noweap.md3

//flashsound sound/weapons/probe/fire.wav
//altflashsound sound/weapons/probe/alt_fire.wav
altenergypershot 0
altrange         8192
missileFuncName bryar_func
ammotype         1
ammolowcount     15
energypershot    2
firetime         1600
range            8192
}

I wonder why it doesn't work, then!

The Mark1 AI code registers the weapons it uses & the ammo it drops. Checked JKA's weapons.dat and compared it with my DF2 one and I can't remember why, but I removed the bryar weapon lol.

*goes back and reverts the code, and adds back the bryar to weapons.dat

Oh well, at least I know I found the right place to change the weapons for the Mark1 IF I ever need to lol. :P

Could you do me a favor and make note of any AI oddities that you find in JKA? I have noticed that their AI seems...off in JKA, but I can't put my finger on it.

Wouldn't suprise me if they fucked up the AI somehow, seeing as how they screwed up the hazardtrooper hardcore (animations are broken; they give it a "kneeling start" anim, and a "kneeling end" anim, but they don't have a "kneeling sustained" animation, so they look like they kneel and fire, and then snap back to standing; this is extremely noticable on vjun1)

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary for the Mark1 when comparing to its appearance in JK2. It appears to attack & move the same.

I never noticed that about the hazardtrooper in JKA, was too busy trying NOT to die from the insane amount of damage its weapon does lol. Is it just a code issue or an animation one as well?

therfiles likes this

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary for the Mark1 when comparing to its appearance in JK2. It appears to attack & move the same.

I never noticed that about the hazardtrooper in JKA, was too busy trying NOT to die from the insane amount of damage its weapon does lol. Is it just a code issue or an animation one as well?

Just a minor code issue. The animations table in the code is missing the entry for the Hazardtrooper's kneel animation. All you gotta do is add the entry for it, which is like a one-line fix.

therfiles likes this