Teleport not working

Maui

Hey guys

I have been trying to get my teleport to the roof of ffa3 working but it just doesn't want to work for some reason. I don't get it what im doing wrong.

Could anyone help me out please (I'd really appreciate :)

{
"comment" "Roof message"
"targetname" "mesm"
"origin" "1648 -625 -40"
"angle" "1"
"wait" "2"
"spawnflags" "3"
"model" "*1"
"target" "msgroof"
"classname" "trigger_multiple"
}
{
"comment" "Roof tele message"
"targetname" "msgroof"
"spawnflags" "4"
"message" "^1Roof"
"classname" "target_print"
}
{
"comment" "Trigger tele to roof"
"targetname" "mesm"
"origin" "1648 -625 -40"
"angle" "1"
"wait" "1"
"spawnflags" "7"
"model" "*1"
"target" "teleroof"
"classname" "trigger_multiple"
}
{
"target" "roofloc"
"targetname" "teleroof"
"classname" "target_teleporter"
}
{
"origin" "1408 -668 708"
"angle" "180"
"targetname" "roofloc"
"classname" "target_position"
}

** Maui **

You don't need two triggers first off. One trigger can target a multitude of entities.

Second, your origins and angles are probably wrong for the brush models. (I'm not sure which one *1 is btw, *8 is a tiny piece of an elevator and generally works better.)

Use Boba Fett's UU. Get in game and do !brushmoveorigin bmodel. Ex: !brushmoveorigin *8. In order to move the cloned brush model to the origin you are currently occupying, UU will give you the proper origin to use.

This is because the origin of the original bmodel is treated as 0, 0, 0 when it is being cloned. You can't give it an origin based on the 0, 0, 0 of the bsp. It simply will be some place completely different.

Next, check your angles. You have spawnflags 3 on the first entity. Which I can only assume is facing and clientonly. So make sure your facing angle is correct.

Same with the second trigger. Which appears to be facing, clientonly, usebutton.

Also, I'm not sure why you have targetnames on your triggers. You can probably get rid of those.

Lastly, just delete one of the triggers. Give the target_teleport and the target_print the same targetname and target the trigger at them.  Easy.

They are brush models. Meaning they are level geometry given properties as entities. For example a square brush made into a func_door. All the brush models are sorted into an index which is called a Brush Model Index and stored as a lump in the bsp(I think). In any case, they are each assigned a designation and can be seen in the entity list within the BSP by looking for the designation "model" "*number".

Anyway I'm pretty sure Boba Fett's Ultra Utility can list all of the brush models for you, as well as their origins in relation to the 0,0,0 origin of the bsp. Try !bmodels.