Castlevania Mod - Plans/Summary

Would love to see that for sure. I always found those enemies scary, especially in the Haunted Mansion Gamecube and Resident Evil 4. Great enemies.

And yeah, Soma was my request. He's not exactly the most fitting in the universe of Castlevania, but Aria of Sorrow is definitely one of my favorite game in the series. Just started Dawn of Sorrow as well, loving it! Great work tobe.

I use mediafire for all my hosting, since filefront auto purges after 30 days, anyways this is a lot of progress Also Bot, ask Last-Wish from JKfiles, he made a Peeping Eye model for us

93515_3_zps21518696.jpg

Download link:

Id also suggest to anyone unfamiliar with the series to check out the Castlevania wiki, theres a lot of lore and monsters mostly from mythos to use, Zombies, werewolves, etc, another thing I considered is, we could use the Medusa head over the training probs, and replace the laser bolt with something more "magical"

I can upload the file if you want. Do you know any good free file sharing site? File Front is dead to me I can't load the page..

AshuraDX, is the fire part a model or effect?

model , will be combined with effects to make it more believeable , I might retouch the modeled part though but I'm busy with school stuff atm

What would the likelihood be of having a large Lords of Shadow/God of War type encounter with a boss? Obviously the mechanics would need to be modified as it would be far to complex to do climbing the enemy methodically etc, but maybe change the mechanics of the battle to work in JA. I'm just thinking how awesome it would be to fight a giant enemy 100 feet tall, heh.

I hate to say it, but Sonic Adventure 2 had the basis that would work in JA, so say you can climb ledges in the one JA mod, I think lugormod was it? anyways you have the boss in a coliseum like are, with platforming around it, it can still hit you reguardless of wear you are say, eg Lords of shadow's ogre boss

Id like to see that sword enemy, :P

Ill take Death, his anims, getting him ingame and functioning, and I also wanted to do a slight variant this guy and his anims and ingames if it's cool...

7umr.jpg

as It was one of my fav's and i'd like to see it operate in 3d space.

Honestly man anything you want to contribute at this point is welcome. We hardly have any foes/NPC's so the more the merrier!

I hate to say it, but Sonic Adventure 2 had the basis that would work in JA, so say you can climb ledges in the one JA mod, I think lugormod was it? anyways you have the boss in a coliseum like are, with platforming around it, it can still hit you reguardless of wear you are say, eg Lords of shadow's ogre boss

Id like to see that sword enemy, :P

That might be doable, but we'd need to modify some animations for just that one boss to make sure his attacks are directional and have a predictable windup to them. It could work though.

fully functioning whip

easiest way is to wait until psykosith releases his new skeleton. Then we can model the whip to his hand with the saber tag at the end of it for collision, and make the whip out of constrained tails and nulls. Then just run the animations in softimage and let the whip animate itself. compile and you will need a .sab for the invisible saber at the end of the whip. problem is, the current jka anims don't really swing correctly for a whip. but, im sure we can pick and choose which anims are working decently and create our own saber style for it via animations.cfg.  any other way i can think of requires coding. tbh... even this way, the anims will be janky as hell i.e. saber locks and transitions and stuff like that.

heres what i suggest...

have the whip be a melee weapon. then you only have to animate like 2 or 3 animations for him with his sword as his primary weapon. then the whip would essentially just be a part of his hand with the l_hang tag bone at the end of it for collision. Any other ways would either require coding, or look kinda dumb and not be worth the amount of effort. Melee weapons the best bet for a whip.

just dont try using 2 handed lightning with it, or a bolt will be coming from the end of the whip XD

Thanks for all your work Tobi, these look great!

Chalk, does this mean you can do it then? That would be amazing if we could pull this off in a practical way that works.

I'd seriously love to have a Gabriel model from the new Lords of Shadow series, if possible. Dunno if Chalk would be down for that but if not it may have to wait. Would you guys want him in the game?