GTK texture question

PNG is compressed, TGA is uncompressed. Putting a PNG in a PK3 is therefore redundant as the PK3 is already compressed. Both formats offer transparency, TGA is harder to manipulate and deal with in Photoshop.

Sidenote: Why do people shorten GTK Radiant to simply GTK? That's like shortening Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy to simply "Star Wars". It literally doesn't make any sense when people shorten it down like that.

(fyi: GTK is a UI environment, has nothing to do with the tool itself, other than that the tool uses GTK for its UI. It's called Radiant.)

Theyre both pretty easy to manipulate really. Sometimes I actually prefer TGA as you can manipulate the transparency entirely separately from the main image very easily.

As for calling it GTK - if anyone on a jedi knight editing board manages to mistake GTK (radiant) for something else I can only say.... dayum.

CaptainChar likes this

As for calling it GTK - if anyone on a jedi knight editing board manages to mistake GTK (radiant) for something else I can only say.... dayum.

Errr...dayum what? Not all of us associate "GTK" with "GTK Radiant", you know. Especially Linux users or anyone who's worked with any kind of GUI programming at all. Granted, "GTK Texture Question" kinda implies that it's involving GTK Radiant, but if someone says something like "GTK problem" or "GTK issues" or "I can't get GTK to work", that kinda implies that they can't get GTK to work on their computer, not GTK Radiant (hell, Radiant requires that you install GTK anyway to begin with, so go figure)

gtk is shit anyway