When making a player model

So I've posted a player model request, but I think my brother could make me one because he uses 3Ds max and has had experience with it, but he could only make the model. What else do you need to do besides just make a model for it to work in game? Do you need to script anything? Sync any kind of animations up? Thanks.

First and foremost he needs the SDK with carcass compiler and all the other stuff that goes with it. Then he needs to get the XSI export plugin for his max version, recent versions of max will use Archangel's updated plugins, found right here on JKhub.

I've written a guide a loooong time ago:
http://psyko3d.50webs.com/tutorials/jk2_guide.htm

Basic breakdown is this:

*1.Import Kyle's Skeleton from .Xsi, or use the one i have on my site.

*2.Weight the tags to the skeleton, this part is already done if you used my scene file.

3.Modeling (build your model around the skeleton with previously weighted tags) or fit the mesh around it if already modeled in another pose.

4.UVW Mapping

5.Segment your model (this step can be done after the weighting has been done, you have to split your meshes by cloning the model and keeping only parts you need, repeat for all limbs)

6.Cap the segments (can be done after the hierarchy)

7.Weight the mesh to bones <---- that's where the magic takes place!

8.Link the hierarchy <------ there's an automated script for that, but non standard meshes will need to be linked manually.

9.LODs (they are not mandatory)

10.Export to .XSI / Compile thru assimilate

EmerALD, DT. and eezstreet like this

First and foremost he needs the SDK with carcass compiler and all the other stuff that goes with it. Then he needs to get the XSI export plugin for his max version, recent versions of max will use Archangel's updated plugins, found right here on JKhub.

I've written a guide a loooong time ago:

http://psyko3d.50webs.com/tutorials/jk2_guide.htm

Basic breakdown is this:

*1.Import Kyle's Skeleton from .Xsi, or use the one i have on my site.

*2.Weight the tags to the skeleton, this part is already done if you used my scene file.

3.Modeling (build your model around the skeleton with previously weighted tags) or fit the mesh around it if already modeled in another pose.

4.UVW Mapping

5.Segment your model (this step can be done after the weighting has been done, you have to split your meshes by cloning the model and keeping only parts you need, repeat for all limbs)

6.Cap the segments (can be done after the hierarchy)

7.Weight the mesh to bones <---- that's where the magic takes place!

8.Link the hierarchy <------ there's an automated script for that, but non standard meshes will need to be linked manually.

9.LODs (they are not mandatory)

10.Export to .XSI / Compile thru assimilate

Alright man thanks, one little problem though. When I go on the website and click on the link to take me to the SDK toolkit it says 404 not found.