Map object textures not showing up?

Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

I tried to import some base JA map objects into Radiant, some show up with textures and some don't. Any ideas? For example, I can't get the skiff (map_objects/ships) to import with textures, nor can I get the dualpod (map_objects/nar_shadaa) to show with textures either. I made sure that in my base folder I have the full assets folders of textures, models, and shaders for Radiant to work with.

nar_shadaa, eh? That's JK2 stuff, might just not be included in Jedi Academy. You can search the JK2 assets for the textures and include them with your mod though.

So you're saying Radiant is using folders and assets that are not from JA, and the only ones that show up in Radiant are the textures that are shared between the two games?

this is what i noticed that fixed that for me...

ill give u an example shader and show u what i mean

models/map_objects/tiefacility/glass
{
{
map models/map_objects/tiefacility/glass1
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
alphaFunc LT128
}
{
map models/map_objects/tiefacility/tiehallreflect
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
tcGen environment
}
}

ok now when u assign a material to an object, of course u would assign models/map_objects/tiefacility/glass and in turn it would use the shader knowledge to pic out which images are needed in this case glass1 and tiehallreflect. well... radiant just knows to look for glass. not glass1 or anything. and, in reality, there is no glass image. copy glass1 and make it glass and it will work

• Solution

So you're saying Radiant is using folders and assets that are not from JA, and the only ones that show up in Radiant are the textures that are shared between the two games?

I'm saying the JAPack included with Radiant and installed into base contains JK2 models but not their textures.

I'm saying the JAPack included with Radiant and installed into base contains JK2 models but not their textures.

Interesting, that''ll be a bit of a pain when it comes time to package it up, but oh well. Thanks for your help.