Any compilers faster than the one with Radiant 1.4?

You don't install it - just point your frontend like q3map2toolz or q3map2gui to the folder where you extract it to.

I've never used those bit I recall installing it in past by changing pathways.

Something like q3ma2/q3map2 substituted for q3map2

^^What's witlh the random conspiracy theory pictures?  How does this relate to the topic at hand?

Makes me suspect that you are a bot.

Especially given the fact that your English syntax is rather inconsistent.

JKG Developer

So if you have a 64 bit operating and 32 gigs of ram. which compiler should I use. Moe ram or the 64 bit operating system?

Motherboard
Asus® P9X79 Pro
Processor
Intel® Core™ i7 3930K 3.2Ghz
Memory
1866MHz 4x8GB (32GB)
Hard Drive
Crucial® M500 SSD 960GB
64-Bit Operating System
Microsoft® Windows 8 Standard

The x64 one you linked presumably also allows the use of >2GB of RAM and *may* also have other speed benefits so if it works as it should then use the one you linked.

The one hosted here is a 32-bit compile. The requirement for a 64-bit OS is because 32bit systems cant handle more than 4GB of RAM.

The x64 one you linked presumably also allows the use of >2GB of RAM and *may* also have other speed benefits so if it works as it should then use the one you linked.

The one hosted here is a 32-bit compile. The requirement for a 64-bit OS is because 32bit systems cant handle more than 4GB of RAM.

Short answer: x64 one.

JKG Developer

Just to chime in here, that >2gb q3map2 is a HUGE improvement if you can use it.

One of my JKG maps used to take 18 hours on an old laptop. On my new one, it took just 8 hours and I thought that's the best i'd ever get. Now it takes 20-30 minutes with this q3map2. That's a 1600% speed increase.

Just to chime in here, that >2gb q3map2 is a HUGE improvement if you can use it.

One of my JKG maps used to take 18 hours on an old laptop. On my new one, it took just 8 hours and I thought that's the best i'd ever get. Now it takes 20-30 minutes with this q3map2. That's a 1600% speed increase.

Are you talking about the one from splash damage forums i posted? You tested it? (http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/36287-Q3Map2-Test-Build-) <-this one

I will get a new computer next month

@Xycaleth: Increasing the max memory pool eliminates the need for -lomem option in certain situations, and -lomem is known to cause astronomical speed reduction.

Yep slows things waaaay down.

However, if your map is just barely on the tipping point of needing lomem, I've found that lomem speeds things up a lot. Then you add a little bit more and boom it goes the other way.