so i figured id finish up the repulse since its going in starkillers animation set that im releasing with starkiller. its not just an anim tho its a fully functioning repulse... but.. i have some minor issues id like to work out n get some help on..

first... refraction? any ideas on how to fake it maybe with a warped texture alpha?

2nd.. the repulse i made back in the day replaced the entire desann style.. which i didnt care cuz i was making a full tfu mod./.. but now that im all alone on this 1.. i just want to have a tfu style character and i dont wanna rewrite much..so.. if i add a line like this into animevents.cfg

AEV_FIRE    1868   0   0

then it should "fire" on frame 1868 (the 5th frame of BOTH_BOW)... and change the bow anim to where it strikes the ground at the 5th frame... then when i bow it should strike the ground correct? i gets nothing. and i dont wanna rewrite a whole style like before because its the saber and the anim that make the repulse work. not just an anim. so i wrote a cfg that looks like this

unbind F9

saber repulse
wait 10
bow
wait 150
saber starkiller

bind F9 exec repulse

it should work. (i unbind the repulse then rebind after its executed so people wont hit the button 15 times while hes repulsing and end up doing 15 consecutive repulses lol) it works pretty good.. if i do this..

unbind F9
saber repulse
wait 10
+attack
wait 30
-attack
wait 80
saber starkiller

bind F9 exec repulse

and change the repulse saber to the desann style or something and just rewrite all his attacks to be the repulse

the anim needs to look something like this..

excuse the crappy animation i lost the old one and did this real quick to get the idea across

now.. my only issues is making the space inside the repulse look like it has some refraction, and making bow exec a fire, or finding out how to exec a kata from a cfg and possibly just use a kata attack from a different style maybe? i dunno..

but there it is i just need a little picking of the communitys brain to wrap it up

any ideas?

excuse the crappy animation i lost the old one and did this real quick to get the idea across

yeah that just is like 8 frames showing the way it has to move the tags

its also wiggling his saber tags lol  =)

any ideas on the animevents question?

gunna have to ask ashura thats my animevents dude

• 1 year later...

@@ChalklYne Hello there, it was a long time, since my last playing of SW JK3 and doing anything around the mods, scripts, anims etc. and since life changed a lot I have returned just a month ago into JKA game, for fun when I have free time for it. I was messing around with some testings and found the old theme in JK3 FileFront forums, about the Repulse in JKA SP. At first I think, that after you tried it (because I saw at first " i just did this whole thing from memory and the wait times are prolly off but u can tamper with them to get the desired effect", so I tried to figured it out). But since I read the other comments, you had to make a new, better description if not releasing it as you said in the last one. Just it's hard for someone who forgot all this stuff (or even for new guys, trying to make it based on your instruction) sad%20%28frown%29.gif BTW big fan of your other work /models, maps and so on/, so keep on the great work and I'm glad, there are still ppl like you in here, so that SW and JKA won't "die" and the entire process I saw going on here in JKHUB is amazing. Cheers to all

ChalklYne likes this