What's the source of these glitches?

You know how mods like JAUnlimited and such have extended the limits of the number of models you can have? Or the number of vehicles? Or hilts? You know how we all got crazy and downloaded all the mods we could find because we thought this was really awesome, and then found that it would cause glitches like missing textures?

Just wondering, what exactly is causing these issues? I've always had mod folders for certain things (Zelda mods, Star Wars models, MP maps etc.) and always had an "All Mods" folder for everything I had downloaded as well. Of course, after a few hours of downloading this folder would just cause glitches to player models and, IIRC, maps and hilts as well.

Obviously there's a lot going on and it could be any number of things, but are there places I could start looking to solving issues like these? For example: if all of a sudden a player model is missing textures, should I check for conflicting file names or something? Just wondering if there's any way to remedy issues like these.

EDIT: Perhaps the JA source code being released means some of these glitches will be fixed, if any of them are because of JA's limitations or faults?

It's usually:

• loading too many <x> (shaders, NPCs, sabers, models) - these limits can sometimes be raised, but never "unlimited"
  • Poorly constructed mod (invalid image format/size, oversized filepath)
  • Name conflicts (two models named "myreborn", two shaders named "shinything")
  • JA not liking multiple humanoid animation sets

EDIT: Perhaps the JA source code being released means some of these glitches will be fixed, if any of them are because of JA's limitations or faults?

It could possibly be fixed for future mods that work differently from the previous ones, but existing mods can't be retroactively fixed by anyone but their author.

It could possibly be fixed for future mods that work differently from the previous ones, but existing mods can't be retroactively fixed by anyone but their author.

Unless in their ReadMe they give permission to modify their work, right?

Raz0r: Thanks man, just what I was looking for. Good to see you over here as well.

You were talking about vehicle and npc count limits, and that's changed in the source code.

But I'm not talking about fixing or messing with JA Unlimited or other mods that increase caps, I meant fixing things like two different models sharing the same name or modifying the same base textures.

@@Raz0r Another bug came to mind... I seem to recall having a lot of character models installed ages ago and when I scrolled down in the Profile menu (only when I got to a certain point) my game would just crash. Character Icon glitch maybe?