JK2: Still worth running a server?

I've been real fond of CTY/CTF, Holocron and JM gametypes in JK2 and from time to time I host my own local server.

Recently I'm getting bored (oh yes it's entirely possible!) of hosting JKA servers and I thought maybe I'd give this a try considering it takes up less resources.

But how is the scene like in JK2? Xfire shows 112 servers, that's quite a fair lot and I don't want to insert in another empty server.

Also are there patches for exploits and what mod(s) should I be looking at? Nothing ping-related if possible. I'm asking 'cause I have a bunch of fixes for my jk2mp.exe-run local server and that doesn't work <.< remotely.

I like JK2. But I don't know if a lot of people play it anymore outside of the "chat and duel" scene.

Maybe these people could be rounded up for the occasional organised event?

Did Ravensoft tell us why these gamemodes don't exist in JKA?

That. And why didn't they take more of an advantage of the vehicles that they intergrated into JA? A built-in racing gametype would've been pretty sweet. Hoth courses on Tauntauns, swoop circuits on Coruscant, various dog-fighting arenas... Sheesh.

Maybe these people could be rounded up for the occasional organised event?

That. And why didn't they take more of an advantage of the vehicles that they intergrated into JA? A built-in racing gametype would've been pretty sweet. Hoth courses on Tauntauns, swoop circuits on Coruscant, various dog-fighting arenas... Sheesh.

They didn't take advantage of the vehicles because they were rushed by Lucas. JK3 was supposed to be much bigger, with many, many more animations, much more advanced vehicles, and more. Ask Rich Whitehouse, he's a cool guy that responds to questions. By the way, he was the sole dev of JK3MP, so asking him about why JK2 gamemodes weren't included in JK3 would be a good idea.

They didn't take advantage of the vehicles because they were rushed by Lucas. JK3 was supposed to be much bigger, with many, many more animations, much more advanced vehicles, and more. Ask Rich Whitehouse, he's a cool guy that responds to questions. By the way, he was the sole dev of JK3MP, so asking him about why JK2 gamemodes weren't included in JK3 would be a good idea.

Intriguing. It's @eezstreet's job to pester the developers, though.  :ph34r:

Would not mind hearing more on what was missed out due to time, budget, w/e

It's entirely possible to add CTY, Holocron FFA and JM back into JA - the gametypes still exist, they're just disabled and a bit broken.OJP added them back, and I added them back in JA++ as-well.

:OOOO

Well...there's something annoyingly attractive about JK2 that running the same gametypes in JKA wouldn't be able to replicate.

Hm, that's a disturbing thought - the possibility of jka consuming jk2 xD