RS Lugormod

ufooo

Server name: Shows up as ........................RS on server list

IP address: /connect rs.jk3.in (93.114.45.244:29070)

Server location: Romania (not that bad pings actually lol)

Forum: http://www.rslmd.tk

Mod: Lugormod U# 2.4.5.4 with own addons (security fixes/mod extentions etc)

Additional info:

- Revolutionary Souls is a lugormod clan founded in 2008 (revived around half year ago).

- Recruitment is opened, though recruiting new clan members is not our biggest concern, we focus on clients.

- Rules are meant to protect the weak from laming and being unfairly outmatched by better grinded opponents, not to promote chatting and passive gameplay, therefore admins will react in most cases only if laming occurs towards a newbie player (such as nagging a Padawan till ragequit)

- 8 maps in rotation, timelimit 40.

http://www.jeditracker.com/ja/tracker.pl?ipaddress=109.163.230.13&port=29070&bgcolor=333333&titlebar=000000&display=cdcdcd&window=333333&language=

(Couldn't figure out how to put html code, assuming that it's possible ofc. Also, more info will be added later)

If server is properly set not to respond to getstatus (etc) everytime (thus even milions of times per second, generating insane net usage), but let's say max few times per second per ip (there are ways to achieve this, such as iptables, jass, or in my case modified (recoded) aluigi's myproxocket), then it's usability for rddos attacks is pretty much zero. Also, recently there was nothing heard about issues with GT-related rddos, maybe the problem is non-existent for now.

I don't buy that whole gametracker thing, prior to the gametracker database failure when our server got removed about a month ago, it was off of there for a hole week, the average attack strength did not change looking at it through our DDoS mitigation hosts graphs and I imagine we would be the first anyone would attack considering we were ranked 1st on the gametracker service prior the database failure and now still in the top 5.

If server is properly set not to respond to getstatus (etc) everytime (thus even milions of times per second, generating insane net usage), but let's say max few times per second per ip (there are ways to achieve this, such as iptables, jass, or in my case modified (recoded) aluigi's myproxocket), then it's usability for rddos attacks is pretty much zero.

Gametracker sends queries at random every 5-15 minutes at random, and never more then 5 at a time, this has never changed and cant be changed from outside sources.

• 1 month later...