The Force Lightning effect...

So is this shown ingame the same way as in the .efx, or is it acted on by some code?

I noticed ingame, there's usually 4 times the number of bolts I see for the effect in EffectsEd... I can't figure out if the way the effect is set up in EffectsEd is causing it to appear this way ingame, or if the effect is coded to play like 4 times at once, or something.

Might just seem like more bolts in EffectsEd cause the fps isn't very high in that program. Like if you do the /thereisnospoon while using lightning you'll notice when the effect is slowed it appears to have way more bolts.

If you're altering the effect you may just want to test in game rather than rely on EffectsEd for the final look so you can see what it looks like at 30+ fps.

Might just seem like more bolts in EffectsEd cause the fps isn't very high in that program. Like if you do the /thereisnospoon while using lightning you'll notice when the effect is slowed it appears to have way more bolts.

If you're altering the effect you may just want to test in game rather than rely on EffectsEd for the final look so you can see what it looks like at 30+ fps.

No I meant ingame theres way more bolts than in EffectsEd. Like I want the level 1-2 lightning effect to just have 2-3 bolts. But in effectsEd, there's only 1 bolt at a time, however ingame there's like 4-6 bolts coming out of your hand at a time...

I'm wondering if the way the game plays the effect is the same as EffectsEd, just the way it "renders" makes the multiple bolts appear, and is something I can change by way of altering the .efx file, or if the game is coded to play the effect like 4x at once, which is why the extra bolts appear... Hmm...

EDIT: minilogoguy, thou art a genius. I decreased the life of the effect in EffectsEd, and voila, the number of bolts seems "decreased."

EDIT: I spoke too soon, its actually more or less the same. hrmm.