EternalJK Issue

Hello! I recently got back into Jedi Academy for the 20th anniversary, and have been setting up EternalJK to play with a friend with bots and a few mods. However, I ran into an issue regarding bots and player corpses disappearing as soon as they respawn. This is kind of a deal breaker because we really enjoy the ragdolls and dismemberment of this game. I searched for a few hours on google but I didn't see anything that I hadn't already tried except for one thread on steam that mentioned that there was a setting in EternalJK's setup menu using the following path; setup > visuals > more visual options  > fade corpses immediately. 

I messed with the setting a bit but it didn't do anything so I went to the EternalJK github and searched a bit through the code to see if I could find what cvar the setting used. Eventually I found this line of code dubbed "cg_stylePlayer" (see attached screenshot). I then went to the eternaljk.cfg and my autoexec.cfg so I could play with the values but nothing seemed  to work and when I googled it, I got a couple results of people's different cfg files that had numbers for this cvar ranging from anywhere between 2000 to 9000. 

So I am at a bit of a loss on what to do to fix this, if anyone has any tips or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! I am also open to downloading a different mod if I have to since we will be only playing in a private server with bots! Also, if it matters, I got the game through Steam and I am running the newest version of EternalJK (1.5.8.5).

Thanks!

EternalJK_Github.png

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

You'll run into Entity limit issues if the corpses just stay there. 

But you'll need to do some coding to change it. I do not think it will be as simple as changing a few variables as you will may run into some network issues. 

But here is a good place to start.

https://github.com/JACoders/OpenJK/blob/c1b347d39b6c069c73818bcd7fedd0da2be08342/codemp/game/g_client.c#L988

Edit: i did not read Smoo's reply lol. Yea, maybe Japro let's you modify it. But either way your gonna run into issues if you just have a ton of bodies just not being removed from the game. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2023 at 10:23 AM, Circa said:

The setting you are showing in the code is for the menu itself, did you turn that setting to "No" and it still isn't working?

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 10.21.26 AM.jpg

I have this same issue. I've tried turning the menu setting on and off, no difference. I've tried typing in the console command related to this menu option, no difference. It seems bugged to me, unless there is some secret setting I don't know of. The bodies despawn instantly using the EternalJK/JAPro client on any server, including my own LAN server.