Remove the taunt animation

Go to solution Solved by Linken,

Hello. I'm new here. Before asking a question, I searched on the forum, but because of the language barrier I could not understand everything.
I have a problem - I need to remove the animation of the character's movement for SP while he is making a taunt so that the character's lips move, but at the same time he stood straight. I want to shoot a video greeting using Galactic Legacy and Movie Duels. I would be very grateful, unfortunately I couldn't find how to do it myself.

1 hour ago, Circa said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, of course I have seen this method. I use it, however, I need to immobilize the character, that is, so that he does not wave his hands during the taunt. And in this answer of yours, the character moves his hands. I want to shoot a full-length video of the character. I am sure that you can somehow change the animation of the taunt, that is, freeze the character, he will not move, but will move his mouth. Only here's how to do it? I couldn't find it.

6 hours ago, anakinator said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, of course I have seen this method. I use it, however, I need to immobilize the character, that is, so that he does not wave his hands during the taunt. And in this answer of yours, the character moves his hands. I want to shoot a full-length video of the character. I am sure that you can somehow change the animation of the taunt, that is, freeze the character, he will not move, but will move his mouth. Only here's how to do it? I couldn't find it.

If you're wanting to use galactic legacy (I saw you mention it earlier), we actually implemented a system to let you play audio off an NPC. Our syntax is "NPC Sound [NPC targetname]  [sound file path] [channel]". The channel can be left blank, but valid channels are voice (default), global, weapon, and body.

9 hours ago, Linken said:

Если вы хотите использовать галактическое наследие (я видел, как вы упоминали об этом ранее), мы фактически реализовали систему, позволяющую воспроизводить звук с NPC . Наш синтаксис: « Звук NPC [ имя цели NPC ] [путь к звуковому файлу] [канал]». Канал можно оставить пустым, но допустимыми каналами являются голос (по умолчанию), глобальный, оружие и тело.

Hello, thank you for noticing my question and not leaving it unanswered. Yes, I would like to use swgl.
Unfortunately, my translator cannot translate your advice properly. If it's not difficult for you, can you write what exactly I need to do? Some console command needs to be entered, as I understand it? Ideally, if you threw off a video guide or at least screenshots of what to enter, since I'm just a very, very beginner.
Attached a screenshot. I'm probably doing something wrong, right?))

photo_2023-09-03_18-55-49.jpg

PierceDoughty likes this
6 hours ago, anakinator said:

Hello, thank you for noticing my question and not leaving it unanswered. Yes, I would like to use swgl.
Unfortunately, my translator cannot translate your advice properly. If it's not difficult for you, can you write what exactly I need to do? Some console command needs to be entered, as I understand it? Ideally, if you threw off a video guide or at least screenshots of what to enter, since I'm just a very, very beginner.
Attached a screenshot. I'm probably doing something wrong, right?))

photo_2023-09-03_18-55-49.jpg

So I'll give you an example command using your qui-gon npc as an example. We'll have him play a taunt sound of his and have it play globally. Also since I'm nowhere near my computer right now, I can't verify the name of his sound folder.

npc sound qui-gon_jinn63 sound/chars/quigon/misc/taunt2 global

PierceDoughty likes this
19 hours ago, Linken said:

Итак, я приведу вам пример команды, используя в качестве примера вашего NPC Квай-Гона. Мы заставим его сыграть свой насмешливый звук, и пусть он будет звучать по всему миру. Кроме того, поскольку меня сейчас нет рядом с компьютером, я не могу проверить имя его звуковой папки.

Звук NPC qui-gon_jinn63 sound/chars/quigon/misc/taunt2 global

Excuse me for my stupidity, but I'm apparently completely uneducated and I can't do anything((
I enter the command, but Qui-Gon just stands there as if nothing happened....

photo_2023-09-04_20-04-05.jpg

12 hours ago, anakinator said:

Excuse me for my stupidity, but I'm apparently completely uneducated and I can't do anything((

Double check the filepath I gave you is correct. I only wrote that as an example since I wasn't near my computer when I wrote the last post (still am not so I can't check it). Open the Republic skins pk3 file, open the sound folder and find the filepath of the sound you want to play.

17 hours ago, Linken said:

Дважды проверьте правильность пути к файлу, который я вам дал. Я написал это только в качестве примера, поскольку меня не было рядом с компьютером, когда я писал последний пост (до сих пор не нахожусь, поэтому не могу проверить). Откройте файл Republic Skins pk3, откройте папку со звуком и найдите путь к файлу звука, который вы хотите воспроизвести.

Checked the path. It turned out like this for me. However, unfortunately, the character doesn't make any sounds.

npc sound qui-gon_jinn45 \sound\chars\quigon\misc\taunt 

It doesn't work on other characters either 😞

photo_2023-09-05_22-55-41.jpg

• Solution
On 9/4/2023 at 8:06 AM, anakinator said:

Finally got around to being able to get ingame. Here's a screenshot of my own attempts, which worked. If it's still not working for you, please make sure you downloaded our recent update we released this past august.

image.png.78fc7b19cff43528aa2ad5f6ca6010c1.png

3 hours ago, Linken said:

Наконец-то дошли руки до возможности войти в игру. Вот скриншот моих собственных попыток, которые сработали. Если у вас все еще не работает, убедитесь, что вы загрузили наше последнее обновление, которое мы выпустили в августе этого года.

image.png.78fc7b19cff43528aa2ad5f6ca6010c1.png

I updated the mod and everything worked out, thank you very much!))
Can you also tell me if all the characters (for example Jar Jar Binks) can reproduce sounds in this way?

8 hours ago, anakinator said:

Checked the path. It turned out like this for me. However, unfortunately, the character doesn't make any sounds.

npc sound qui-gon_jinn45 \sound\chars\quigon\misc\taunt 

It doesn't work on other characters either 😞

photo_2023-09-05_22-55-41.jpg

See my previous post, also don't add a \ before the sound. If you're still having problems, reach out to me directly on discord and we'll sort this out together.

5 hours ago, anakinator said:

I updated the mod and everything worked out, thank you very much!))
Can you also tell me if all the characters (for example Jar Jar Binks) can reproduce sounds in this way?

All characters have this ability, and can play any sound (provided JKA can play it). So if you want Vader to play Youngling lines or Palpatine to sound like Dooku, you can do that, there's no limitation at all. 

Also it looks like I'm getting delayed responses, I'll get a notification saying you quoted me but not receive it until long after the fact. So I apologize if some stuff seems out of order in this post.

On 06.09.2023 at 09:48, Linken said:

Все персонажи обладают этой способностью и могут воспроизводить любой звук (при условии, что JKA может его воспроизводить). Так что, если вы хотите, чтобы Вейдер играл реплики Юнлинга, а Палпатин звучал как Дуку, вы можете это сделать, никаких ограничений нет. 

Кроме того, похоже, что я получаю ответы с задержкой: я получу уведомление о том, что вы меня процитировали, но получу его только спустя много времени после этого. Поэтому я прошу прощения, если что-то в этом посте кажется неправильным.

Everything is fine, the main thing is that I still get answers from you, that's the main thing)
I just noticed that Jar Jar Binks' lips don't move, but his voice sounds, so I clarified 🙂