Anyone have a copy of this?

Go to solution Solved by mrwonko,

No, this was never available on my mirror, when I remove files (on request), I remove the file page as well. The IDs of removed files can be viewed in the config: jk3files-mirror/config.py at master · mrwonko/jk3files-mirror (github.com)

When I scraped jk3files, crawling the file page for metadata and downloading the file itself were two separate steps, which could fail independently. It was a random dice roll whether a request for a recent file would hit an up-to-date server instance, so my script would retry a couple of times, then give up. Maybe this was one of the newer files I failed to download, or it had already been removed from jk3files for some reason?

You could check the torrent, that's the most complete version of my archive: http://mrwonko.de/jk3files.torrent If the file's not listed there, I never had it.

Zelanter likes this
1 hour ago, mrwonko said:

No, this was never available on my mirror, when I remove files (on request), I remove the file page as well. The IDs of removed files can be viewed in the config: jk3files-mirror/config.py at master · mrwonko/jk3files-mirror (github.com)

When I scraped jk3files, crawling the file page for metadata and downloading the file itself were two separate steps, which could fail independently. It was a random dice roll whether a request for a recent file would hit an up-to-date server instance, so my script would retry a couple of times, then give up. Maybe this was one of the newer files I failed to download, or it had already been removed from jk3files for some reason?

You could check the torrent, that's the most complete version of my archive: http://mrwonko.de/jk3files.torrent If the file's not listed there, I never had it.

Thank you for the torrent!

• Solution

If the file's not listed there, I never had it.

So it turns out that's not quite true. If the file is not listed in the torrent, I didn't download it as part of my jk3files scraping. However, there are still some mods I downloaded separately, just to play them. Looks like Expedition 1.05 is one of those, I found an 11-year-old file on my hard drive. I've uploaded it to my website, the download link on the page you posted should no longer be dead.

--edit--

On closer inspection, while the readme of that file does contain "File Version: 1.05", its filename is "expedition1.06_readme.txt". Chances are this is a WIP release I received at some point? The full 1.06 release correctly says "File Version: 1.06"

Circa likes this