JKA Controller Support on PC

Hi there.  I’m playing JKA for the first time in a long while and I’d like to play with a controller (ideally my PS5 controller, but I’ll buy an Xbox controller if I have to).  I’ve hooked up my PS5 controller and it seems to be working well for the most part, but I have to key the controller up/down functions as “look up” and “look down” if I want to use the right thumbstick to look around.  What I’m finding is that the look up/look down functions are too sensitive for the thumbstick to be practical.  Is there any way to have Jedi Academy treat a thumbstick as a mouse instead of a joystick?  Is there any other solution I’m not thinking of?  TIA.

12 hours ago, Mister_TSquared said:

Hi there.  I’m playing JKA for the first time in a long while and I’d like to play with a controller (ideally my PS5 controller, but I’ll buy an Xbox controller if I have to).  I’ve hooked up my PS5 controller and it seems to be working well for the most part, but I have to key the controller up/down functions as “look up” and “look down” if I want to use the right thumbstick to look around.  What I’m finding is that the look up/look down functions are too sensitive for the thumbstick to be practical.  Is there any way to have Jedi Academy treat a thumbstick as a mouse instead of a joystick?  Is there any other solution I’m not thinking of?  TIA.

Have you adjusted the mouse sensitivity?

Getting controllers to work in these games on PC is a big hassle but I recommend getting something like reWASD to map functions to the controller rather than just trying to do it in-game. Steam also has a nice remapping feature if you run it through that.