[WIP] Dark Forces mod remaster project

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

I know it's been a while since I posted anything in this form, I've been busy with work and other things. I just wanted to give a quick update on where I'm at in the project. Currently, I got the level transitions Ramshed and Robotics levels to work. Just in case you forgot, I got the phase 2 dark trooper model to work with the mod. I'm still mapping the Nar Shadda level, I still have a little bit to go. With all of that being said, since it is still only me working on the project, I don't know when I will have time to work on this. So let's put this with a vote, would you rather wait for more in the udate, Or would you rather have what been done of late? 

Until next time, undeadslayer signing off.🙂

I will always vote for putting out a release when life gets busy or motivation is low. That way there's something out there to show for your work, and often times you get good feedback that keeps you motivated.

I will always vote for putting out a release when life gets busy or motivation is low. That way there's something out there to show for your work, and often times you get good feedback that keeps you motivated.

I totally agree with you, especially since I just got this done:

image.jpeg.c7f8121b36b2e209a1bc16ec1d0ec2ba.jpeg

What do you think?

Hi all, I just wanted to warn everyone who is intreasted/following this thread. The STEFR youtuber is back and currently streaming his version of the mod. It's been 4 years since they started this and I'm fairly certain they have no intention of releasing his version; they are probably just doing it for the likes, subs, and views. Don't ask this person to give the build that they are using they won't respond or comply, and that is very evident of this, because they linked the file from here on jkhub that hasn't been updated.

gabtrucker likes this

Right I been following him for awhile not sure what his deal is.... I actually did get a response from him though! lol In Japanese:

このチャンネルから転載するな Translated: Do not repost from this channel

Lol I guess he didn't like me putting it on Moddbase so I deleted all the images there... I did try to follow up with him to ask him his intentions but will see if he says anything... probably not... 

By the way Nice man for taking this on!!! Epic for sure! I will download what you have so far! And if you need any help just let me know I would be more than willing to do whatever I can for the Mod I really want this to actually be released! 

@General Tantor I don't think he will ever relaese his mod, I even said commented that on his video but they didn't like that. The only mediafire link isn't the most recent version, for some reason they too that other file down. I defentaly would apreciate any help you like to give curntly I'm trying get the kinks out of the robotics level that jerethk did. I'll post a link latter today or tomorrow morning for the most recent version.

General Tantor likes this
On 9/11/2024 at 11:38 AM, undeadslayer said:

Hi all, I just wanted to warn everyone who is intreasted/following this thread. The STEFR youtuber is back and currently streaming his version of the mod. It's been 4 years since they started this and I'm fairly certain they have no intention of releasing his version; they are probably just doing it for the likes, subs, and views. Don't ask this person to give the build that they are using they won't respond or comply, and that is very evident of this, because they linked the file from here on jkhub that hasn't been updated.

As someone who's been modding games for 20+ years and has done several large scale mods, I highly doubt it's for the views. The amount of work you have to put in to make content to bring in the views is really disproportionate. There's always a chance they do it to hone their skills to either A) get a job in the industry or B) are already in the industry and are keeping their skills sharp. Even then though nobody hones their skills on an old game engine. I definitely think there's intent to release.

Don't feel threatened by them. They do fantastic work, but modding is meant to be fun, and a way to be creative and learn new skills. You do your thing, they'll do theirs. Even if both get released you'll still have something to show for your work -- hopefully something you feel proud of!

Lancelot likes this
14 hours ago, Teancum said:

Even then though nobody hones their skills on an old game engine. I definitely think there's intent to release.

We will see if he will realase it, if he does it will be for outcast.

14 hours ago, Teancum said:

Don't feel threatened by them. They do fantastic work, but modding is meant to be fun, and a way to be creative and learn new skills. You do your thing, they'll do theirs. Even if both get released you'll still have something to show for your work -- hopefully something you feel proud of!

I'm not threatened by him, by the time this done it will be completely different form the other mod.

As promise here is the link for the recent version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zow7wodl7hxbges/dfmod_2024.zip/file

gabtrucker likes this

Hey guys I have a question

I just started playing the jka mod in VR by team beef

They are using the old mod which on your building on I guess. So my question is is your plan to build all the 21 levels? I just wondered why there's no more then 6 levels. That would be amazing. And also how much have you made already? Thanks

@Syny I know exactly which mod you are talking about, and no they are not using the most recent build. That mod uses the 2008 version of the mod which was relased by the orginal team.  As for your question(s) there were only 14 levels in the orginal game, you are thinking of df2 the sequal to dark forces. For the second question, the orginal team only did the first six levels, they planed on doing all the levels but saddly one of the two founders of the mod, passed away. 😪 The remaining members walked away from the mod.

For your third question, I'm not the first person to try to finish mod. Jkhub user Teancum attempted to finish the mod, some of this was done by him. The robotics - Ice station beta level was made by another jkub user, though not anymore, Jereth; though I belive he/she is involed in the force engine project. Also Jereth did part of the imperal city level. curently in the build levels 1-8 has been finished and there are parts of Nar Shadda, part of jabba's ship has been done. Part of the fuel station - the smuggler's hijack has been done. Finaly, executor -  The stowaway has been finished, mosly done by the orginal team, I fished that one myself. idk if the vr mod team is still around but if they please let them know that they are more than welcomed to take the curent build and put it into the vr mod. Hope this answers your questions 🙂 and thank you following the mod.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hey thanks for the answers

I'm new here so idk how to remove spoilers lol

But now you left me with more questions

I don't understand what's done the first 8 levels?

Also you're not making it within jka anymore? Or what new version are you talking about? The vr mods work within original jko and jka I guess like movie duels works.

Also are you taking the first 6 levels from there and building further or making them completely new?

Thanks

You need to click on all the spoiler tabs lol sorry

@Syny Yes this is jedi academy mod. The levels that have been completed are of the following:

level 1 Secbase

level 2 Talay

level 3 Sewers

Level 4 testbase

level 5 gromas

level 6 detention

level 7 ramees heed

level 8 robotics facility

level 13 executor

The vr mod you are talking uses the 2008 version of the mod, dr. beef will need to put this version of the mod with the vr version to update it. Yes, I am making the remain levels and then some, see the other pages for more details.

Hope this answers all of your questions.🙂

Amazing

How long you think it will take to make all the remaining levels?

Will you be doing dark forces 2 and mysteries of the sith?

Also is it clean like the OG mod like the menu and cutscenes and everything?

Kell dragon 3d model

Maybe ai can help

Look at meshy ai they have free generations also from images I put couple images and boom

Screenshot_20240915-203622.png

@Syny It could take a while, I can't guess how long. I'm just doing the original df nothing else. The latter levels 8-14 don't have cutscences yet. Can you pm me with a file of the Kell dragon? Next to the user name you should find an envelope click that and send me a link of the file.