Light Emitting Shader Issue

Hello all,

I have been working on my map project for a good while, making multiple brushwork configurations, making models and all sorts of experimentation.     

Things have been progressing, but what im having a difficult time getting past, is lighting.

Using entity lights in my map causes a lot of shadows around patches and brush edges - which just looks terrible, and not fully lit - even the models are darkened.

IAUwufT.jpg

Now Im attempting to make a shader light for the ceiling panels in hopes that will improve the quality of the lighting - its more lit for certain but its not going how I was hoping!

w5SGHit.jpg

I tried incorporating the light emitting ceiling panel textures into the columnway model.      I tried making the light emitting ceiling panel textures into brushwork -  both efforts cause the texture to become "hall of mirrors".     

This is the shader:

textures/mytextures/cpglownrps
{
               qer_editorimage textures/mytextures/cpglownrps
               q3map_surfacelight 500
               q3map_backSplash 0.5 8
               q3map_nolightmap            
               q3map_lightRGB 1 1 1
               {
                    map textures/mytextures/cpglownrps
                    blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
                    rgbGen const ( 1.00 1.00 1.00)
               }               
}

What might be causing the hall of mirror problem, where am I going wrong?    

DarthValeria likes this

There is only one stage in your shader, and it has a blendFunc. This is blending the texture into what's behind it. If the void is behind it, you'll get the hall of mirrors.

To fix it, you need another stage without a blendFunc as the first stage of your shader.

OCD2 and ooeJack like this
30 minutes ago, NAB622 said:

There is only one stage in your shader, and it has a blendFunc. This is blending the texture into what's behind it. If the void is behind it, you'll get the hall of mirrors.

To fix it, you need another stage without a blendFunc as the first stage of your shader.

Thank you for clarifying, that helped!

jqPkaQs.jpg

52YvLnj.jpg

Im still getting some strange shadows on some patches,  was you can see on the circular doors.       Anything I can do to help improve lighting on patches?      

DarthValeria likes this