About mod uploading

I collected sources and textures in other mods and recreated another mod.

Although creator of that mod is me, I recklessly used others' materials and ingredients.

But I think that mod must be uploaded in JKub file section.

Is it okay to upload it? Is this against JKhub permission?

You should first and foremost contact the authors of the materials you used and ask their permission to inclue them in your mod, unless they explicitly state that they can be used freely as long as credit is given to them. In case the author doesn't reply within 30 days (from what I remember) you should be good to go. If the license explicitly prevents you from using those materials or if the author denies you permission to use them, you can't upload it unless you remove those specific materials.

It's not that strict, just legitly strict. Just contact the authors and ask their permission if needed ("Other players may not use or modify this work without permission", at least they were like this before the update), and if they agree or don't answer back you're good to go, except when explicitly prohibited by the license ("Other players may not use or modify this work"), in which case you simply have to remove it.

It's not strict at all. We allow you to upload content created by others if you at least attempt on getting permission and give them 30 days to respond. In my opinion we're not strict enough with it, but mod archival is important.

18 hours ago, Ramikad said:

Why is that? Sounds just about right to me.

Because anyone can come back years later and say they didn't give permission. Just because contact was attempted to an old email address from 2003 doesn't technically give us the right to host their content. We've only had people complain a handful of times, and of course we respect their wishes by removing content if they request it. But it's still a grey area. Artists have the right to defend their works, even in modding communities. That's just my personal take though, obviously our rules are there for best intentions.

Odeyseis and syainkn like this
15 hours ago, Circa said:

Because anyone can come back years later and say they didn't give permission. Just because contact was attempted to an old email address from 2003 doesn't technically give us the right to host their content. We've only had people complain a handful of times, and of course we respect their wishes by removing content if they request it. But it's still a grey area. Artists have the right to defend their works, even in modding communities. That's just my personal take though, obviously our rules are there for best intentions.

Uploading no mods is better idea rather than suffering members' complains and their rights.

Nowadays, GDPR is issued in Europe and I'm getting afraid of copyright although I am korean.