Hitbox size for an NPC in MP

Hey, does anyone know if its possible to increase the actual hitbox size of an NPC?

Sure I can set the modelscale high to have an NPC be taller but his hitbox remains that of a normal player.
Sure I can increase the crouchheight, width and height as this post says => https://jkhub.org/topic/6522-i-want-to-change-the-scale-of-the-model-problem-is-hitbox/

But that seemingly doesn't affect the hitbox but only the collision box.

I want people to be able to jump and hit him as opposed to just focus on his feet. Any ideas?

And how come the rancor has a bigger hitbox? Can it not be drafted onto an NPC somehow? Anyone know of any way?

This is for JA+ MP by the way so any coding outside of that is not what I am looking for. Just curious if anyone knows how to do it/if its possible.

Thanks!

NEVER MIND GUYS!

Apparantly the keys: Crouch, crouchheight and width actually DO impact the hitbox too!

Hi, sorry man, if you not notify is hard to see a message. not ever we look into forum, and we can also be very busy however for answer immediatly.

into my case, i seen your PM.

i confess that i never wathed out the code of Hitboxes also if i have see the code of damage hitlocs that multiply the damage inflicted into the various body parts of a character. now i not remember is it into G_combat. however, search into Openjk solution the "hitloc"word and you should find somethjign about damage related to the various body parts... that code explain why headshoots are mostly deadly.

increasing the hitbox?... not sure what you mean and what you want to do with that. the damage is setted into various body parts cause recognize the body meshes or the body tags of a model... or such like that. .

sorry i cannot give you a good answer, cause i never touched deeply this code part.

also if i am trying to recreate JKG into single player , also if weapons again not working. §

but soon i should add the armor library and here should be a lot of things about damages delaed into a body parts .

Aldro Koon and ooeJack like this
  • 4 years later...
On 4/22/2019 at 2:13 PM, Aldro Koon said:

NEVER MIND GUYS!

Apparantly the keys: Crouch, crouchheight and width actually DO impact the hitbox too!

May I ask you how you solved the problem? I'm facing the same situation right now.

Via "scale" I set the desired scale for the NPC.
Via "height" I set the correct bounding box size for the NPC.
But the hit box is always messed up.

I added a picture for better imagination. It's alway the same, wether I scale the model to 115%, 150, 250 or anything else.

hitbox3.jpg

Smoo likes this
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2023 at 3:48 PM, Lfan said:

May I ask you how you solved the problem? I'm facing the same situation right now.

Via "scale" I set the desired scale for the NPC.
Via "height" I set the correct bounding box size for the NPC.
But the hit box is always messed up.

I added a picture for better imagination. It's alway the same, wether I scale the model to 115%, 150, 250 or anything else.

hitbox3.jpg

I know I'm late here but essentially it does scale up somewhat, but you won't be able to go super high and match a tall bounding box so the "neck" is where it basically stopped for me too! It's not perfect.