Server not showing in master list

I'm trying to host a couple of Jedi Academy servers off of my virtual private server with the same IP but different ports. For some reason only one server (Server 1) is visible on the master list. I'm able to connect to the other server (Server 2) and it's also visible on my Favorites list if I were to add it there. I've tried switching up the ports, and that causes Server 2 to be visible in master list while Server 1 becomes invisible. The ports I'm using are 29070 (Visible) and 29071. I've also tried re-installing the OS (debian) on the server and loading just Jedi Academy servers. When I did that and started up Server 2 first with port 29071, it became visible, but Server 1 with port 29070 became invisible. I was also able to get both servers to be visible on master list last night, but today only Server 1 shows up while Server 2 is still playable but invisible in master list. I have no idea how I made both servers visible for that short amount of time, as at that time I was just messing with the ports, switching them around. I've tried messing with the ports today but had no luck. Does anyone have any idea on how to get 2 JKA servers with the same IP to show up on the Master Server list?

P.S. I'm using the assets3 and linuxjampded provided by Caelum in his Server guide. A friend of mine, Valar, was able to get his jka servers to show up on the master server list with different ports using the same assets and linuxjampded. I've asked him about this issue, but he has no idea what's going on with my server. Although, 1 major difference I should note is that he's running Ubuntu on his server while I'm running debian, I don't know if that would be causing the issue?

I'm trying to host a couple of Jedi Academy servers off of my virtual private server with the same IP but different ports. For some reason only one server (Server 1) is visible on the master list. I'm able to connect to the other server (Server 2) and it's also visible on my Favorites list if I were to add it there. I've tried switching up the ports, and that causes Server 2 to be visible in master list while Server 1 becomes invisible. The ports I'm using are 29070 (Visible) and 29071. I've also tried re-installing the OS (debian) on the server and loading just Jedi Academy servers. When I did that and started up Server 2 first with port 29071, it became visible, but Server 1 with port 29070 became invisible. I was also able to get both servers to be visible on master list last night, but today only Server 1 shows up while Server 2 is still playable but invisible in master list. I have no idea how I made both servers visible for that short amount of time, as at that time I was just messing with the ports, switching them around. I've tried messing with the ports today but had no luck. Does anyone have any idea on how to get 2 JKA servers with the same IP to show up on the Master Server list?

P.S. I'm using the assets3 and linuxjampded provided by Caelum in his Server guide. A friend of mine, Valar, was able to get his jka servers to show up on the master server list with different ports using the same assets and linuxjampded. I've asked him about this issue, but he has no idea what's going on with my server. Although, 1 major difference I should note is that he's running Ubuntu on his server while I'm running debian, I don't know if that would be causing the issue?

At best you could give it a few hours...sometimes it appears on its own later, usually between an hour to three days. Anymore than that change the port again (to something ridiculous like 30000?) and restart the vps if it still doesn't show (but there's always a risk of both servers not showing up) but don't spam it. Restarting it a trillion times (like I did) made mine go invisible but it's up to you might get lucky...

If you get both servers to show up again leave them or they'll go poof again...

Idk why if it's more than one server using the same ip this 'bug' happens, perhaps the master list thinks it being spammed from that ip, but that's just what I think :P I'm no techie.

Anyone else using vps/dedi's? Would be good to share experience, esp about hosts, etc...?

Just curious, does your server appear on xfire list..?

Only 28090 appeared for me after the getstatus stuff. Just yesterday I switched 2 invisi one's to 10000 & 20000, appeared after an hour. I doubt that specific ports influence master list visibility unless you're using a port utilized by services.

I used to sit in invisi servers thinking maybe having someone inside would encourage(lol) the server to show, no luck xD

But not the 400+ that don't show up.

Yeah we need a new master server. :)

At best you could give it a few hours...sometimes it appears on its own later, usually between an hour to three days. Anymore than that change the port again (to something ridiculous like 30000?) and restart the vps if it still doesn't show (but there's always a risk of both servers not showing up) but don't spam it. Restarting it a trillion times (like I did) made mine go invisible but it's up to you might get lucky...

If you get both servers to show up again leave them or they'll go poof again...

Idk why if it's more than one server using the same ip this 'bug' happens, perhaps the master list thinks it being spammed from that ip, but that's just what I think :P I'm no techie.

Anyone else using vps/dedi's? Would be good to share experience, esp about hosts, etc...?

Lots of luck involved... and I haven't had much :/ When I did have both servers showing, I did nothing to them after, but come next day and one of em is gone :'(. I guess it happened after the automatic server restart :/

Using a VPS here. Running on port 29070, all outbound traffic from jampded.exe allowed on firewall, traffic from port 29070 allowed on TCP/UDP allowed and still nothing.

Oh wow, I guess I'm lucky to get at least one on the list.

Ok, as of yesterday all the JA servers (3) from my VPS started showing up on the master list :blink:

So to those of you having problems with this like me, I guess you just got to be patient.

Here's my VPS setup:

Debian Squeeze 6.0 32-bit

Three separate server directories in my home folder (Each one using aluigi patched linuxjampded and assets3.pk3 from caelum's server security guide)

^ http://jkhub.org/tut...erver-security/

ServerArk: http://sourceforge.n...ects/serverark/

A scripts directory in my home folder that utilizes Ultimate JKA Server Restarter found here: http://jediknight3.f...er_Linux;115797

I followed most of this guide on initial VPS setup: http://www.usefuljaj...ps-setup-page-1

Followed this guide for key-based SSH logins on Windows: http://www.howtoforg...ed_logins_putty

That's pretty much it besides the random server startup scripts in my home bin folder :)

~Good Luck!

P.S. If any of you want a step by step VPS guide let me know, I'll make one. I think the above should be enough for most people.