Note: This isn't exactly the sub-forum for this topic, but since we don't have the Nonsense sub-forum, what can you do?

I'm not trying to be bashful or anything, but i do wonder - how common is the name Jaden anyway? It doesn't seem very common based on the movies, cartoons, and video-games that i've seen, nor have i seen many famous people named Jaden. In fact, i only know of two Jadens, one's the video-game character Jaden Korr, and the other's actor Jaden Smith.

Also, is it a unisex name? Both Korr and Smith are men (well, Korr's male in canon), but JKA allows Jaden to be female as well, and imho, Jaden actually has a better ring as a female name.

Thanks.

Smoo and Mizore like this

This might help you out a little: https://www.bestlittlebaby.com/name/unisex/jaden

Yeah, i found the name is indeed relatively rare, the first instance in the States being in the mid-to-late 1800's, and still not being very popular, with only about 5 kids being registered with this name in 1970. Also found that its original form is the Hebrew 'Jadon', and that there are other versions, such as 'Jayden', 'Jaydon', and a few others, and the name is male (at least among the Hebrews). An interesting fact: after Will Smith named his son Jaden, the name actually became somewhat popular among non-whites, mainly the African-Americans and to a lesser degree, the Asian-Americans.