Is the Jedi Knight 2:Lady Jedi worth to play ?

It's good if you like a challenge, but the assemblage nature of the mod (it's a mish-mash of npcs that don't always feel in their place) and the mature themes might not be for everyone. The plot is kinda meh, but it's at least more-or-less well executed. The voice-over is better than in Communication Force, and it has some interesting ideas, but overall, the plot is kinda forgettable. Also, at least one of the levels (brothel level) requires the completion of the goals in a particular sequence, otherwise you'll get stuck. Also, some of the music will not work for more hardcore SW fans. Players' biggest complaint was the npc's - Mara Jade standing next to Padme Amidala. :D

Communication Force is more vanilla, npc-wise. The voice-overs are pathetic, but it's entertaining in its own way, and likewise, has challenges. What most people didn't like about it was the anticlimactic ending, though personally, I was satisfied. If you can find the 'patch' for it, you should grab that too. It doesn't patch anything in particular, just gives the protagonist the red team-skin as default, the lightsaber blade is orange by default, and there's a modified animation, maybe some of the strings are corrected, I don't remember - just for the sake of a full experience (right).

Wild Force (also a NDG mod, but for JKA) is somewhat better executed, but the plot is terrible, some of the levels are directly torn out of JKA, the ending is lame, and some mission goals are just confusing. If the Yuuzhang Vong are not your cup of tea, it might also be a turn-off, though they're not actually featured in the mod, just mentioned.

I'm actually translating it into English right now.

Anyway, all three have been uploaded onto here, unless I'm mistaking.

dg1995, Mizore, Smoo and 1 other like this

It's good if you like a challenge, but the assemblage nature of the mod (it's a mish-mash of npcs that don't always feel in their place) and the mature themes might not be for everyone. The plot is kinda meh, but it's at least more-or-less well executed. The voice-over is better than in Communication Force, and it has some interesting ideas, but overall, the plot is kinda forgettable. Also, at least one of the levels (brothel level) requires the completion of the goals in a particular sequence, otherwise you'll get stuck. Also, some of the music will not work for more hardcore SW fans. Players' biggest complaint was the npc's - Mara Jade standing next to Padme Amidala. :D

Communication Force is more vanilla, npc-wise. The voice-overs are pathetic, but it's entertaining in its own way, and likewise, has challenges. What most people didn't like about it was the anticlimactic ending, though personally, I was satisfied. If you can find the 'patch' for it, you should grab that too. It doesn't patch anything in particular, just gives the protagonist the red team-skin as default, the lightsaber blade is orange by default, and there's a modified animation, maybe some of the strings are corrected, I don't remember - just for the sake of a full experience (right).

Wild Force (also a NDG mod, but for JKA) is somewhat better executed, but the plot is terrible, some of the levels are directly torn out of JKA, the ending is lame, and some mission goals are just confusing. If the Yuuzhang Vong are not your cup of tea, it might also be a turn-off, though they're not actually featured in the mod, just mentioned.

I'm actually translating it into English right now.

Anyway, all three have been uploaded onto here, unless I'm mistaking.

You are not mistaken about Communication Force and Lady Jedi, but Wild Force is on moddb only. That CAN change, though.

And I kinda saw the light sided ending of Lady Jedi. 

:spoilers: She...calls Luke his buddy and that's it...? Wha...?

dg1995 likes this

And I kinda saw the light sided ending of Lady Jedi. 

:spoilers: She...calls Luke his buddy and that's it...? Wha...?

Well, considering that she also breaks the fourth wall, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

She actually says the following:

The Emperor was wrong. Luke is truly the greatest Jedi. I was weak and foolish to give into the Dark Side of the Force. But now I came back to the Light Side of the Force. Now, we will change this world for the better. Praise Lucas, people will know of our deeds. Even if no one will remember me, I've made the right choice.

Yeah, yeah, it's a pretty silly ending. Nothing to be done about it now. In Wild Force it's just as silly:

you either join the Empire and attack the Rebel base, dying in the process, or you join the Rebellion, and defend the Rebel base, dying in the process. Only good thing is that you get to go down fighting this time, and that there's a bonus level, though I'm not sure how the game decides who gets to see it.

Well, considering that she also breaks the fourth wall, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

She actually says the following:

Yeah, yeah, it's a pretty silly ending. Nothing to be done about it now. In Wild Force it's just as silly:

you either join the Empire and attack the Rebel base, dying in the process, or you join the Rebellion, and defend the Rebel base, dying in the process. Only good thing is that you get to go down fighting this time, and that there's a bonus level, though I'm not sure how the game decides who gets to see it.

That...just makes me want to use the Dark Side ending cause I want it to be serious. And I played the ending of Wild Force ONCE. I couldn't understand a thing but from the actions that were shown to me, the main character's sacrifice was supposed to mean something.

That...just makes me want to use the Dark Side ending cause I want it to be serious. And I played the ending of Wild Force ONCE. I couldn't understand a thing but from the actions that were shown to me, the main character's sacrifice was supposed to mean something.

Well, the Dark Side ending isn't too different in Lady Jedi. If you choose to attack Luke and run toward him, the screen fades to black, then we see Mariel lying on the floor, bleeding out, and as she dies, she narrates a similar text, except it's from a regretful point of view; in a nutshell: "The Emperor was wrong, Luke is indeed the greatest Jedi, and I'm gonna die now, and no one will remember me"

As to Wild Force, yes, it's supposed to mean something. My point is that it was kind of lazy to have the same ending regardless of choice. Kinda like it happened with Mass Effect 3, you know?

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Well, the Dark Side ending isn't too different in Lady Jedi. If you choose to attack Luke and run toward him, the screen fades to black, then we see Mariel lying on the floor, bleeding out, and as she dies, she narrates a similar text, except it's from a regretful point of view; in a nutshell: "The Emperor was wrong, Luke is indeed the greatest Jedi, and I'm gonna die now, and no one will remember me"

As to Wild Force, yes, it's supposed to mean something. My point is that it was kind of lazy to have the same ending regardless of choice. Kinda like it happened with Mass Effect 3, you know?

Mass Effect 3...so much potential to lead to so little conclusion....

the_raven likes this