Misc_Model OBJ

recently i extracted by an old game with 3d ripper a map area and i see is possible to add to JKA for make a map if i add on radiant as misc_model into OBJ format. i know how to add textures and material with md3 with blender and mister wonko md3 plug in and adding md3 shader on custom properties. but about obj... how allow to radiant and JKA to read the textures? i need to change the photometric pathj file on max before export? or i can simply slap texture in the same directory that contain the OBJ?

recently i extracted by an old game with 3d ripper a map area and i see is possible to add to JKA for make a map if i add on radiant as misc_model into OBJ format. i know how to add textures and material with md3 with blender and mister wonko md3 plug in and adding md3 shader on custom properties. but about obj... how allow to radiant and JKA to read the textures? i need to change the photometric pathj file on max before export? or i can simply slap texture in the same directory that contain the OBJ?

I'd try naming the materials to match the shaderpath. Simply importing game levels as .obj will most likely not wirk as well as you expect though.

I'd try naming the materials to match the shaderpath. Simply importing game levels as .obj will most likely not wirk as well as you expect though.

So, assign materials \ textures correctly is a problem? Damn. o.o they're hundred of textures (palettes styles  old games )

do it manually is very painful. mmm... i will think aboutb a solution. : \

So, assign materials \ textures correctly is a problem? Damn. o.o they're hundred of textures (palettes styles old games )

do it manually is very painful. mmm... i will think aboutb a solution. : \

Material assignment should not be a problem, collision will be.

Asgarath83 likes this

Material assignment should not be a problem, collision will be.

well, first off the game has a very low amount of polygon. builded map with this ripped area on jka is of 10 mb for the meta build.

(and solid spawnflag enabled ) this is very an alpha test because i haven't cleaned maps by monsters and enemys and characters meshes and interactive objects, (because it was a test) and they consuming thousand of vertex... i think after cleaned an area can be reasoneably light.

that's with triangled OBJ.

however, maybe i can try to export not as triangle the normals of map but as poligon with my wavefront obj export of mesh. maybe is more light. should be like brushes in that case, but i really doubt JKA accept a poligon squared OBJ .-. 

another possibility is to port OBJ and blender an decimate triangled faces. but... leaks incoming and also eventually loste of uvmapping \ material \ texture assignment... .-.

mmm bugging problem. i really hope you can end an alpha of your max plug in for mapping soon, Ashura : \

well, first off the game has a very low amount of polygon. builded map with this ripped area on jka is of 10 mb for the meta build.

(and solid spawnflag enabled ) this is very an alpha test because i haven't cleaned maps by monsters and enemys and characters meshes and interactive objects, (because it was a test) and they consuming thousand of vertex... i think after cleaned an area can be reasoneably light.

that's with triangled OBJ.

however, maybe i can try to export not as triangle the normals of map but as poligon with my wavefront obj export of mesh. maybe is more light. should be like brushes in that case, but i really doubt JKA accept a poligon squared OBJ .-.

another possibility is to port OBJ and blender an decimate triangled faces. but... leaks incoming and also eventually loste of uvmapping \ material \ texture assignment... .-.

mmm bugging problem. i really hope you can end an alpha of your max plug in for mapping soon, Ashura : \

Q3map will convert the quads from the obj model into triangles anyway - so that is not going to change anything.

In fact it does the same with brushes.

You will also need to build a brush hull around the model for vis.

Q3map will convert the quads from the obj model into triangles anyway - so that is not going to change anything.

In fact it does the same with brushes.

You will also need to build a brush hull around the model for vis.

Oh, understood. so, manually clipping. uff, that's is the main way because i hate gtk radiant, not good autocolliding system of misc models.

about textures... i need simply to set the relative paths editing with note MTL files?